SOMEONE SEND ME MONEY THROUGH F&F, SHE ASK FOR REFUND THEN DISPUTE THROUGH HER BANK.

ANCH710
Contributor
Contributor

I SOLD A TICKET ONLINE AND THE PERSON SEND ME MONEY THROUGH F&F, THEN SHE ASK ME FOR A REFUND BECAUSE SHE FOUND A BETTER SEAT FOR THE CONCERT. I TOLD HER I CANT REFUND HER. SHE THEN PROCEED THROUGH HER BANK TO GET THE MONEY BACK, BEFORE THAT PAYPAL RULE IN MY FAVOR. THEN TODAY I FOUND OUT THEY REVERSE THE MONEY BACK TO HER AND HER BANK CLOSE THE CASE IN HER FAVOR. I CONTACT PAYPAL AND THEY SAID SINCE SHE DID THROUGH HER BANK THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. SO THEY TOOK MY MONEY OUT OF MY PAYPAL ACCT AND I WAS LEFT WITH A NEGATIVE. I AM JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO??? SHE GOT MY TICKET AND MONEY REFUNDED.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Anch710,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

The friends and family payment option is seen as a gift payment, there is no Seller Protection on these payment types. If the buyer disputed this payment with their bank and the bank decided the case in the buyer's favour there is nothing we can do to change this.

If you are selling items on PayPal please ensure you are receiving payments through the goods/services payment option. If an issue arises with transactions we would be able to apply the Seller Protection and assist you in these cases. 

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.