Paypal is Fraud: allowing wrong item being shipped from china scam

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

AIKPRO.LIMITED : <removed> Guangdong Province, China -1 Hong Kong SAR China

1) item [folding picnic table] advertised on Facebook (cool product, good price)

2) I pay 17 item + 9 shipping via PayPal $26

3) shipment arrives and it is a cheap watch!

4) Seller offers small percentage as refund, I refuse.

5) Escalate the complaint in Paypal

5) PayPal state I need to send back, tracked, and the seller has to confirm delivery before a refund will be issued

6) Tracked postage costs more than I’d get in a refund

7) Seller wins..

I end up out of pocket with a broken item that is different in every way (size, materials, quality) from what I ordere, plus I ordered two and didn’t receive them

Then i see many posts with similar fraud & paypal is not doing anything about it.

Paypal is allowing this scam to happen... buyer protection is a lie.!

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The solution on this thread says that the buyer returned wrong item back using cheapest method and upload prove of shipping, then got full refund on purchase almost right away and even partial reimbursement on return shipping cost (max $30) shortly after. But I wonder if PP made an exception in that particular case or if that's PP's standard practice.

If another victim had done that and got refund please chime in. [removed]

Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

I wish more people try this and let me know.

Per PayPal, if the user signed up for 'Return shipping on us' benefit, seller admits wrong item shipment and you don't accept the partial refund from seller, this solution should work. It was definitely not an exception, just standard dispute resolution. Country: USA

Most people were fed up & gave up early on these disputes, since it needs some time, invest more money returning the items & trust paypal resolution. [which is hard after having gone through it all]

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so seller has to admit wrong item was sent to get refund. I missed that part. Scammers obviously would not admit to that so this is a solution for legitimate businesses only.

Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor
Well.. they have to admit it. Even if they don't it is obvious, because the shipping label has tracking and weight on it. Mostly the item is much bigger than the watch they send us. Legitimate businesses will resend you the right item and/or pay for return shipping/refund you in full. This solution is for scam scenarios.
Login to Me Too

123Cc01
Contributor
Contributor
They do admit sending the wrong item. It's part of the scam. What I find funny is that ANY legit business these days will reimburse you 100%, especially when admitting wrong doing on their behalf. These guys tell you to keep the wrongly shipped item with s 40% refund!! First of all, the watch they sent is not even worth the amount you end up paying for it, you didn't want the watch in the first place AND what about the item you actually ordered... When the seller responds to you, it has scam written all over it.
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
PP doing business as a payment processing company is a travesty. They are supposed to be an objective middleman holding the money and when both sides happy then release the funds. Instead PP have protocols so much on the side of sellers that encourages scams we are seeing now, and it had been going on for several years. PP takes advantage of the unfortunate fact that most users don’t read the fine print when they use PP, thinking there were at least a minimal level of purchase protection in place. But as we all know there is none. PP in my book is worse than the scammers.
Login to Me Too

OliveRudge
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been scammed in the same way by a chinese company and Paypal have found in the sellers favour. Paypal are as bad as the scammers. What is the matter with them? 

Login to Me Too

temp20201217h
Contributor
Contributor
I hear you. I got scammed too but the price wasn’t too good to be true, it was a decent going rate for a Stihl Chainsaw, they stalled, sent junk saw worth a tenth of the price and now want me to pay to send it to a different place from where they sent it from. PayPal... man up and block these scammers. WEIDHONGA trading is a scam front. Don’t trust them !
Login to Me Too

Lisako
Contributor
Contributor
I've stopped using pay pal credit because there is no protection on purchases
Login to Me Too

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor
so true... we have trend on our devices which sometimes tells us when a page is dodgy, but so many of them appear genuine, so people who aren't cyber scam educated jump on. I've had to fight for both myself and my husband to get refunds from PayPal and it always the same crap, gotta send back to sender - sure, as long as PayPal reimburse me. if paypal offer the use of that system it's handy, you upload a copy of the proof of postage, then PayPal will reimburse and push the seller refund as well. Was so tempting to put a note in it for the next poor **bleep** that gets scammed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.