PayPal refusing to act on dispute.

gdr1944
Contributor
Contributor

On 17th April I purchased a camera lens from Milhousebeauty via eBay.  The listing stated, fast shipping, UK local stock and item location London. After waiting over three weeks and several messages the lens had still not arrived, so I lodged a claim with PayPal for " item not received ".  It finally turned up on the 14th May, nearly a month later. from Belgium.  I found that the item did not match the sellers description, BUT,  because the lens was actually delivered PayPal cancelled the claim for, not received. That may be understandable, but, they appear to be refusing to open a case for, not as described.  They say that two claims can not be made for the same item. In this case that does not make sense as I was clearly unable to examine the item before it arrived.  Any suggestions.  G. Rayner.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Johnny-C
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem. My dispute is with Boost Mobile. I won't go into all the issues of poor business practices since this is about their implicit fraud. In short, they failed so badly, this is a failure to deliver at least one service which we paid for. Furthermore, they refused to issue a legitimate refund for failure to deliver. 

They failed to port over a very important number to be used for a new business. They failed to call me at either of the other phone numbers on my account. With lime, money, or other resources, we had to be decisive when the number still didn't port. We canceled every number with boost, due to their colossal failures. I reported the fraud/theft to Paypal. I eventually saw a credit and was relieved. But after looking at the transactions more fully on our chromebook instead of my phone, I saw that it was reversed. I attempted to follow up, but the case was closed with no potion to reopen or escalate. I have called two phone numbers this morning. No call centers appear to be open. Their messaging online is also closed. I have a large fraudulent charge on my account, our lives disrupted by multiple failures at multiple levels within Boost. And now PayPal couldn't figure out how to have critical customer services work remotely. 
I've tried two phone numbers for PayPal. Neither have any available representatives.

I'm losing sleep due to stress and due to trying to get up early each day to work on a large number of problems. I need to resolve this and not lose money for both undelivered service and badly lacking quality of services and products. I wish I had a lawyer. But I don't have time for even small claims court. Then again, that might be my only option against Boost. Maybe Boost will finally do the right thing, even if they don't officially admit fault(?)

I have been in touch with a journalist who has increasing interest in covering fraud, crime, and incompetence during this crisis that we are all trying very hard to get through. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.