PayPal dispute closed in the buyer's favor despite giving no proof.

SquidSale
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a Champion hoodie to a person on the selling and buying platform Depop. I sent it out the next day and gave the tracking number, and thought that would be it between us. Three weeks after she received her package she messaged me about an issue.  She claimed that the hoodie she bought was not a women's large like I had said in the description, but that it fits a toddler. I knew what she said wasn't true because I put the measurements of said hoodie in the description, but I asked her to send pictures to prove that what she said was true. She didn't respond with any proof to me, but she opened a PayPal dispute under 'Missing refund or credit.' We never discussed me issuing a refund, she instead jumped multiple steps ahead to immediately get her money back. I gave a very hefty amount of information which I thought would definitely put me in favor of the dispute. I posted pictures of our conversation between us, the size tag which has the size in 7 different countries, the description which has pit to pit and pit to bottom measurements, the USPS tracking number and it confirming it was delivered, and the Depop sale receipt which also showed it was delivered over 3 weeks before the dispute was opened. When I click 'view' on the dispute there is nothing listed under 'Additional info from the sender.' In the end, she ended up winning the case without even sending the item back. This PayPal account has a clean and well-behaved track record, but I want to know how she ended up winning the dispute even though I sold her exactly what she bought. I'm really upset about how her "financial institute" and PayPal have gone about dealing with this and just letting me get my hoodie stolen from me, even worse is that I know I did everything right and that there's nothing she could've shown that makes me in the wrong! I've tried contacting Depop, they told me to contact PayPal, PayPal told me to go to the faq, the faq ended up having me call them, and calling them ended up getting me nowhere. I can't talk to a human PayPal representative because of the overflow of calls. If there is ANYTHING I can do to get someone somewhere to see that I'm being robbed I would really appreciate it.

mk1.PNGmk2.jpgmk3.PNGmk4.PNGcase2.PNGcase.PNG

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SquidSale 

Sorry no time to wade through all of that.

Why not edit with the salient points.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Airhaun
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

So instead of taking 30 sec. to skim the post, you took 30 sec. to submit an aggravating reply to an already frustrated user. Way to kick someone when they're down. 

@SquidSale 

I'm currently going through the same thing. Ebay laptop listing from 2 months ago. After 2 payment reminders and nearly 4 days, buyer finally sent payment then threatened to open an ebay & paypal claim if the item didn't arrive on time. Package did arrive on time and it's been quiet ever since. Fast forward 2 months I get an email saying buyer is filing a paypal claim. They said they just opened the box and the laptop doesn't power on, they've tried to contact me multiple times but received no reply. That is a lie. I have no ebay, paypal or any other msg from this person. In the dispute the buyer states they submitted a screenshot for proof, but there is no screenshot in the Resolution Center. I responded with detailed info and 4 pgs supporting docs. 2 days later PayPal decides to have the buyer return the item and issue a refund. 

I don't have any advice to offer. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I came to these forums hoping to find guidance, solution or at least see if this happens to others. Unfortunately there are many reports of paypal issuing refunds without any proof or legitimate reason. Or even when the evidence points in the other direction.  

I began investigating today by calling ebay, PayPal is next.  I hope your issue has a just resolution.  Good Luck.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SquidSale 

Aggravating reply? Really? I just said I didn't have time to read all of it (true) and to edit it, when I saw a reply I came back to see if they had edited it so I could help, instead it was your post....which didn't help them any either did it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.