Pochantis

Pochantis
Contributor
Contributor

I went to www.cut-cricut.com, placed an order for 300.00 used PayPal at checkout. PayPal sent 98.00 to some man named mark. His website is fake, he's not a cricut distributor. My money was supposed to go to cricut.com. PayPal won't refund my money and this man they gave my money to is a fraud.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

AnTre123
Contributor
Contributor
I have been scammed,too, except PayPal payment went to “Joseph Luzak”. Just to be safe, I have canceled the credit card the payment was made with and am waiting for a replacement card. the pending payment to the scammers has to clear before I can dispute it. I thought I was on a legitimate Cricut site. Sophisticated scamming. I’m looking up all the places to report the scammers at “https://www.cut-Cricut.com”
Login to Me Too

Pochantis
Contributor
Contributor
Yes that's exactly what happened. I ordered from www.cut-cricut.com but PayPal sent the money to an individual. I was ordering from a website not an individual. PayPal makes it easy to scam. They closed my case and denied my claim. I just filed a claim against PayPal with the magistrate, cost me 20.00 to file but I don't think PayPal should give my money to a scammer. I will not use PayPal as a method of payment any more
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pochantis 

Paypal gave the money to the paypal account you sent it to as you requested when you paid.

You would have buyer protection for item not received OR item received but not as described.

So wait and file the appropriate dispute if and when that happens and you should get a refund.

Do NOT file an unauthorised dispute or you will lose as by filing using that option you are telling paypal you were hacked and did not send that payment, when in fact you did send it. Paypal would check IP addy of the payment and close the case.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pochantis
Contributor
Contributor
No I ordered from a website not an individual. PayPal sent the money to an individual. I didn't know his site was fake. I filled a claim, but got denied.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pochantis 

Doesn't matter if you sent funds to a website or individual you still need to open the correct dispute.

As you authorised a payment then do not open one for unauthorised, open one for none receipt if you don't think the person or website is going to send you anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AnTre123
Contributor
Contributor

I also made a PayPal purchase to "cut-cricut.com" and the funds went to an unknown person (JOSEPH <removed>)  instead of "cricut" business.  THIS IS A SCAM SITE.  I received a notice that the package was placed in a locker at the post office where my PO Box is -- the staff members could not find the package and printed out details on the tracking number and the document shows that the item was not, in fact, sent to my PO Box.  The tracking showed that the package was sent from Tennessee, but the tracking showed that it was sent from some random address in my state.  Nothing about this adds up, except that this is all a scam.   Now that I have proof that what I ordered and paid for did not get delivered, I shall begin the dispute process with PayPal.  I spent time on the phone and in person with my bank, but the dispute really rests on me and PayPal processes.

I am all the wiser.  One: deal was too good to be true.  Two: while the website looked authentic, I see now that the website name "cut-cricut" was not the real website "cricut" and was not authentic.  Three:  there was no real contact information, just an online "contact us" form.  Four:  Upon a web search, found that the site "was too new" to provide authentication and that at least one other person had reported suspicions of a scam regarding this site.

Now, I have invested way too much time trying to sleuth this, but it has become the principle of the thing and I want to report them so perhaps others will not suffer this BS.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.