Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

Ph70
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly, I find I agree with your last statement. 

I started a complaint against a company in May, responded to all the 'dialogue' online with the seller to reach agreement, decided to escalate and waited to hear from PP. When PayPal did ask for information, [4 Aug] I spent a good deal of time writing a succinct, fact-filled reply and waited. I had never encountered a company with such blatant skulduggery so I was prepared to wait for PayPal's honest 3rd party decision.

I have just been advised that my claim was denied bcs I did not reply to their request for more info!  I pointed out I contacted them via 'chat' when I went online to reply, that their dashboard timeline showed I needed to respond by 17 July even tho their request came to me 4th August. ??!

Their rep wrote back to say it was a typo and I had another 10 days to reply.   I waited.  I had sent my email earlier than the deadline.  And was dumbstruck when my claim was denied bcs I failed to supply information they required.  After many requests to at least look at the situation as re the timeline, I have been completely stone-walled. 

Paypal are resolute on this and will not entertain the fact that their website/representative may have been at fault.

I also was contacted by the vendor on my private PP account email. How did they get that?  

I worry that my Paypal account is no longer secure. 

I doubt Elon Musk had this torpid response in mind.

Has anyone had any success opening a dispute with their bank?

Thnx

Login to Me Too

CCoomer47
Contributor
Contributor
Let us know how that worked for ya! Bet you don’t get all your money (minus S&H) back!
Good luck 👍
Login to Me Too

Kvc1984
Contributor
Contributor
Wish I had see the reviews online and on PayPal before I purchased but seems everyone who has left reviews purchase about same time as me. My daughter was so excited to get the cubby bear and nothing has arrived two months after ordering. I have a dispute open with PayPal. Really annoyed because I couldnt afford to replace the present.
Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

It’s disgusting.  I also have a dispute with PayPal but don’t think I will get anything after reading all the reviews.

Login to Me Too

karen0126
Contributor
Contributor

Went through the whole dispute process just to have PayPal tell me I had to contact my local police department and file a complaint with them and send PayPal proof of the police report. Are you kidding me?

Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

It’s disgusting.  

Login to Me Too

fannetastic
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. 13.07.2020

Login to Me Too

lsimat12
Contributor
Contributor
I foolishly bought the monkey never came got in touch with PayPal date of dispute keeps getting pushed back PayPal know these are bad bad sellers but still we get fobbed off
Login to Me Too

Donna451
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me with the bear. Paypal just keep extending the resolution date and i can't get any response from them.
Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

Yes same here.  I’ve given up

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.