Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

artnsan
Contributor
Contributor

What these robbers do is advertise a product then send you an inferior one. They have conned hundreds and should be avoided at all costs. Paypal should offload them as well as facebook

Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

Yes they should and I didn’t get my money back.  

Login to Me Too

Kack22
I totally agree ! I was ripped off by this seller ! How do I get this company's contact information so that I can return their cheap dollar store baby doll that I paid $39.98 for, an demand a refund. Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks ! Kack22
Login to Me Too

Snow7034
Contributor
Contributor
I've had exact same happen to me with the doll. Having now seen how many folk have been scammed I'm doubting paypal will refund. With that in mind I wont be using paypal again , not even through ebay purchasing. If there not prepared to protect customers they won't get customers business bye bye paypal.
Login to Me Too

Tracey7562
Contributor
Contributor

Like many others I fell for the realistic doll advert - 17 inches - mohair hair - weighing 3lbs - only to be sent the most grotesque and dangerous 4 oz 6 inch gremlin of a doll. I was reassured when I ordered by the apparent PayPal guarantee - but they are clearly a fraudulent outfit - have scammed lots of people - and then shut up shop. You don't know their name until after you pay.

You need to be persistent if you paid via Paypal.The dispute process is computerised and you need to hang in there. Raise your dispute - item not as seen. I sent PayPal the original screenshot advert plus photo and description of what I was sent. I alleged fraud. Initially I was offered an 8 dollar refund that I refused - then I was offered a full refund if I sent the doll back - and only a Chinese address was provided. I called PayPal - and chose the escalate complaint option. They were busy - so I opted for a call back - and I did get a call back within the 20 mins promised. The guy on the phone was helpful - said they were aware of the fraud allegations and were looking into it. He sent me an address in English to post the doll to and encouraged me to enrol in Paypal's return postage scheme. This pays you back up to £15 of your postage costs. I put my grotty doll into a plastic postage bag - and sent it track and trace to China. It costs £10.65. I got my postage back into my account in less than three days. I am just awaiting the final resolution of my complaint. The money for the doll has not come out of my account yet anyway as I was lucky enough to have got the doll and raised the alarm before the money was due to come out of my account.I am hopeful that I will now not end up out of pocket. Although I found the process frustrating, this was more because of my irritation at being conned. So to all of you in the same position, don't give up. Report these fraudulent ads to FaceBook - they are still there - same conmen but different names. Raise your disputes with Paypal and keep going - reject all offers except a complete refund. If all else fails call Paypal and use the escalate  option. I think the PayPal postage protection will cover all of us with the grotty dolls - but obviously not for heavier items. Good Luck - and don't let these scumbags get away with this. It is only if we all continue to press PayPal that something might be done to vet / freeze accounts etc.

Login to Me Too

Donna451
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal have closed my dispute. No refund and no communication. Disgusting!! These scammers will be allowed to continue defrauding people. 

Login to Me Too

KEN86
Contributor
Contributor
Do a chargeback
Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  I’m livid

Login to Me Too

LadyT121
Contributor
Contributor
How can PayPal allow this to happen . Part refund offered , now full refund if I send their 7inch plastic doll back fully tracked . Of course they will . NOT! Apart from anything else I can’t read or write Chinese !!! Fuming !!!
Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

I was told the same.  I’m fuming

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.