Lost a dispute case, returned an item for a refund

Im_nirvana
New Community Member
I am from Philippines and bought a Car bumper grill from a China seller and just had conversation about the transaction via chat. Paid the seller thru paypal. When I received the item, it looks so much like what I have ordered, but it does not fit my bumper, its way too big. I talked to the seller in chat and so seller asked me to return the items, I pay for the return-shipping cost and he will refund my payment. Even though the return-shipping costs about $40, I agreed to shoulder it because it is useless to keep the grills. I kept on asking for the seller’s shipping information so I can ship it back, he doesn’t reply anymore. So I filed a claim in paypal, for an item not as described, provided the photo of the grill that is bigger than the bumper hole and also a photo of our conversation that shows Seller asked me to return the items and he will refund. Had a conversation with the seller thru paypal resolution, in the end, I escalated it to a claim because Seller insisted that it is my mistake for buying a big grill. I lost the case, Paypal closed it because the reviewer said that it is “not significantly” different from what I bought. It was unfair to me because Paypal should have suggested to ship the items back instead and they will issue the refund. I shipped the items back to the Seller, using his shipping information in the invoice provided in the package. It is now in transit and still undelivered because DHL is charging the recipient customs duties and taxes. Probably, the seller refuses to pay the charges to get the items back. When the seller shipped the items to me, I also paid $120 customs duties and taxes to receive it. I am doing this so I can file another claim In Paypal resolution center of “not receiving refund for a returned item”. Is this the right thing to do? Or instead I will just file a chargeback with my creditcard? I might lose again in this claim. I know that paypal gives protection to buyers but it seems that they are biased about my case.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Im_nirvana,

I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of the case. If the item was shipped back at the seller's request prior to the opening of the case, please wait for the delivery of the item to the seller and then contact customer service to appeal the decision. If you shipped the item back after the case was opened, that will complicate matters, but you can still request a review of the situation.

If the item is still in transit, it would not be a good idea to request the appeal yet since it would not be possible to decide in your favor before the seller has received the item back.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Fawnjcol
Contributor
Contributor
Hello PayPal_Olivia, I hope you can help me. I'm having a problem with getting a refund from PayPal. On 5/6/20 I purchased a No-Touch Forehead Thermometer from Pro-Therm website. On 5/31/20 I received the thermometer that cost me $77.90. When the item arrived, the package was damaged and did not work. I purchased new batteries and installed them and the thermometer still would not work.

I tried to contacting the seller by sending a message on their website where I made the purchase and that message went to their support area. Then I called Pro-Therm and the employee told me to send a video of me putting the batteries into the thermometer, to show it was not working. I did that and also sent photos of the damaged package. I sent an email, but their responses were in Chinese and I only speak English. So I called their customer service again and told the employee the emails they sent me were in Chinese language, but the person hung up on me and every time I called back the customer service person hung the phone up on me. So I had no other choice but to contact PayPal, to file a claim. On 6/12/20 PayPal said my request for a refund was approved and told me I could request PayPal to reimbursement for returning the item back to the seller. PayPal on 6/12/20 and PayPal told me to return the item to:

East Coastal City Fengze District
Quanzhou, Fujian 362000 CN 

The next day 6/13/20 at 9:49 a.m., I took the item to the United States Post Office and mailed it back. The cost to return this item first class was $17.25. My receipt has the tracking number on it and the weight 5.50 ounces, to International China. This same day I got very sick and had to be put into the hospital and I did not get released until 6/22/20 evening. That is when I checked my email and PayPal said they didn't have my tracking number.

I logged into the Message Center and I spoke with a PayPal agent I uploaded a photo copy of my Post Office receipt showing the shipping date of 6/13/20 and the tracking number. The PayPal agent told me my claim was updated. This week I called the United States Post Office and they showed the package departed a transfer airport in PU DONG, SHANGHAI, CHINA on 6/18/20 at 12:04 p.m. and that the item is currently in transit to the destination. I was told by the PayPal agent that my case was closed because they cannot hold it open until it arrives to the destination, because it shows in transit.  Earlier i received an email from PayPal saying the tracking information was not valid. This cannot be, because the US Post Office is the one who assigned me the tracking number. At this point I am out of a total of $95.15. The item itself was  $77.90 and it cost me $17.25 to ship the damaged item back to the seller. I have done my part yet PayPal seems to be letting the seller receive the item back and keep my money. How can I get this fixed so i can get all my money back?
through PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Lil91
Contributor
Contributor
I bought two pairs of shoes online , on the website it says they are base in Italy , and the shoes are handmade Italian shoes , after receiving the items they were very cheap quality shoes and looked nothing like the one on the pictures , i requested for a refund from the webpage I was given and adress in China , but I managed to mail back the shoes and send two of them in one box , after opening a dispute on PayPal , I won the case for one pair of shoes but the other pair they said the tracking info was wrong so I lost my money , now I have tracking info from Deutchpost , how do I appeal this case please , the shoes cost about 80 euro .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.