I think I’ve been scammed by a buyer

AL2326
Contributor
Contributor
I sent off a motherboard to a buyer and I got paid the £54.99 but I got an email from PayPal that told me that the person I sold the item to cancelled the money. I asked the person why he cancelled the money and he told me that he never and no money back and when he clicks pay again it says error. He then told me until he has received the original payment no further money will be sent. I don’t know what to do? •I have proof that I sent off the parcel with a receipt •I have proof that there was a refund that was cancelled by him •I have his name and address Should I contact Ebay/PayPal/Police What do you think I should do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @AL2326, is the payment was made before you sent the item? Have you received any email from PayPal or see it on you activity page that a payment was sent? Once payment is made and completed it cant be cancel anymore. Please refer to this link to check Payment status. https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-check-the-status-of-a-paypal-payment-faq1081?ap...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.