Got scammed - help?

KristyRoma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I purchased a ceiling star projector which never came, instead we received the 2 discs that were supposed to come WITH the projector - my fiance signed for that, so now the scammer is using this signature as evidence to PayPal that this item was delivered and signed for. 

I've opened a dispute which is now being reviewed by PayPal, but I can't find a way to send them another message explaining that the signature was for 2 small discs that don't even work without the projector. I found the site on Facebook and after not receiving the item, I got worried and read some of the comments, ALL OF WHICH are about people getting scammed out of their money and receiving nothing. 

Can anyone help me get my money back? I really don't want them to get away with this. 😞

The seller scammer's name is below:

@SHENZHEN <Removed> INTERNATONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED

Kind regards,

Kristy x 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

Kelly34567
Contributor
Contributor
This is basically the same response I got!! If you have to modify your ad, you lied to begin with! Dear customer, Sorry to keep you waiting. . I'm sorry you disagree with my suggestion. In this case, how about we provide a 20% refund of the total price of the order , and you can just keep the item. I promise to modify my ad, you know your kindness will help me very much many. According to our substantial experience, it will cost you more than 20USD for shipping the product back to us, and customers need to be responsible for the returning shipping fee. Warm Prompt: Please do not send the item back until we authorize the return with the returning address in the email. Also, the address on the package is not our returning address, do never send the package to that address, or we will not be responsible for the loss. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Customer Service Center
Login to Me Too

Boomer59
Contributor
Contributor

I got exactly the same message

Login to Me Too

ctsorlando
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently getting scammed I believe by this Enterprise.  Have elevated to claim.

Login to Me Too

stai
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought something from same people.  Something didn't feel right and I searched for SHENZHEN SOWEWAY INTERNATONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED and it brought me here.  Trying to cancel my order now.

Why would Paypal not suspend this account with all the fraudulent activity reported?

Login to Me Too

Jonny1415
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by them and persuaded FB to remove the advert which return under other fake names. I reported them too. I escalated it to PayPal who eventually ‘found in my favour’ bug made me return their crap at my expense. Then they refunded me. This is what I wrote to PayPal: This company is clearly a scamming company who prey on unsuspecting FB members. They use many different names but their MO is always the same. I don’t understand why you allow them to use PayPal. They should be banned. There are hundreds and hundreds of buyers who have been burned. You can’t possibly be unaware of this. I am very very disappointed with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

DWadeFan
Contributor
Contributor

Very similar situation here. They advertise a brand name item, send you some extremely cheap counterfeit  junk and to get a credit you have to send it back. Now I’m stuck, because the return shipping is more than what I paid. They did not send the item ordered. This is so wrong and SHAME on PayPal for not shutting this down. It’s a complete scam! Do NOT do business with this company. I may close my PayPal account over this. I expect better if they want my business. 

Login to Me Too

debbiens
Contributor
Contributor

same people : SHENZHEN SOWEWAY INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED

Paypal gives me to days to file with government agency.  How about you tell me what the vendor said when you asked for a response?  

So disappointed in paypal, I believe i will cancel once this is resolved. 

Login to Me Too

Kelly34567
Contributor
Contributor
I also got scammed by this same company, via civilnavy.com. Filed a claim because the sent me a windowsill planter instead of the "raised garden bed" I purchased. PayPal had responded to my dispute, telling me I have to return the item for a refund. At my cost? I have to spend $25 to send an item back to China, an item I didn't want, to get back the (not much more than that) that I spent. I'm am furious at PayPal's response to this issue. Unacceptable!
Login to Me Too

orangeute338

I got a paintless dint removal kit and same thing it came with only the parts to stick on the car didn't come with the tool or the glue or the glue gun like in the add. $30 kit but sent $1 worth of stuff. I have filed a not as described case hopefully it works out. Paypal should shut this seller down. It took me 5 seconds to just googled the sellers name and this came up on paypal about other people having similar issues.

Login to Me Too

DavidMann

I just went (am going through) the same thing.  Perhaps someone of a greater authority should contact PayPal to see if they are involved with these merchants who are obviously committing crimes.  It's funny the Government has regulations for Know Your Customer (KYC) and American Money Laundering (AML) but PayPal falls outside of those requirements because they are not a Financial Institution.  Google this and you will see how people like the people doing this to use can support much larger based criminal or even terrorist activities.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist and not for the government having too much power, but if PayPal was following proper processes they would connect the dots to shut this merchant down before they steel more peoples money.  Criminals will be criminals, that will never change, but Shame on PayPal for supporting these types of businesses. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.