Got scammed - help?

KristyRoma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I purchased a ceiling star projector which never came, instead we received the 2 discs that were supposed to come WITH the projector - my fiance signed for that, so now the scammer is using this signature as evidence to PayPal that this item was delivered and signed for. 

I've opened a dispute which is now being reviewed by PayPal, but I can't find a way to send them another message explaining that the signature was for 2 small discs that don't even work without the projector. I found the site on Facebook and after not receiving the item, I got worried and read some of the comments, ALL OF WHICH are about people getting scammed out of their money and receiving nothing. 

Can anyone help me get my money back? I really don't want them to get away with this. 😞

The seller scammer's name is below:

@SHENZHEN <Removed> INTERNATONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED

Kind regards,

Kristy x 

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

Jonny1415
Contributor
Contributor
If PayPal falls under US jurisdiction maybe a class action against them might work.
Login to Me Too

sophieKASPwrigh
Contributor
Contributor

"Your payment to SHENZHEN SOWEWAY INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS CO.,LIMITED" 

i have been scammed by these people, how did you get it back?

Login to Me Too

Jonny1415
Contributor
Contributor
Firstly I got FB to take the advert down and then I opened a case against them with PayPal. PayPal are clearly on the side of these criminals but in the end they will let you return the crap they sent you and get a refund. It cost me $5 to return the package and hours of wasted time but I did it for the principle. The more people that complain, the better chance of PayPal taking it seriously. Bear in mind that this company keep changing their trading name. It used to be Aacan. Good luck
Login to Me Too

DWadeFan
Contributor
Contributor
Contact your credit card company and initiate a dispute. PayPal is USELESS! It’s going to cost you as much to return the item as you paid. You’ll have to do it for principal. This scam company with PayPal as accomplice is banking on you not paying the freight to return the merchandise.
Login to Me Too

cca50
Contributor
Contributor

Same company trying to get PayPal to let them scam my dispute. I reported the items not received then several day later received 3 tennis balls that had no markings they came from this company. So being an honest person, I sent PayPal a message that I had received 3 tennis balls but was not sure from who. Well PayPal changed my dispute from not received to not as described. Now I get a message from PayPal that the dispute will be marked as settled as soon as the seller receives the tennis balls back in Hong Kong. The package the tennis balls came to me in is from New Your, not China. But since the pandemic is still limiting their people, there is no one to speak to so this can be corrected. So I can spend almost as much as the original payment to return tennis balls or cancel the dispute. Been using PayPal for years, sure will never use it again.

Login to Me Too

cca50
Contributor
Contributor

One fact to add I didn't in the first post. I had received email confirmation the package had been delivered.. to me... which it had not. Then a week or so later the tennis balls arrived and not from Hong Kong or China, came from Inwood, NY. The order was from https://moonlightby.com/

Login to Me Too

DWadeFan
Contributor
Contributor
Just spent $27.75 to send a piece of junk to Hong Kong that I am pretty sure didn’t come from Hong Kong. Only to have Paypal close my dispute 6/13 because I took to long to return the item. Even though I received no response to my request that the seller pay return shipping. So I spent more to return it than the $26.89 my credit card company can get back as a matter of principle. PayPal has one final chance to fix this situation or I will move heaven and earth to not use them again. Shenzhen Soweway is a SCAM enabled by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

DWadeFan
Contributor
Contributor
Me too!
Login to Me Too

The exact same thing happen to us with this company just different merchandise.
Login to Me Too

bertg7

i also got scammed by the same company. same product. i only received the discs.

i filled a complaint on paypal and got my claim denied... 

after so many complaints about this company how can paypal be conniving with that kind of practice?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.