Dispute

537ari
Contributor
Contributor

So I’m having a very big problem with a seller and PayPal. Recently I purchased a Video Game from a website BlueShopi through the seller Kyle <removed> who I paid through PayPal. I haven’t received the item at ALL even though Paypal says we received the item. That’s because the tracking number I was provided with through PayPal was actually a tracking number belonging to Walmart optical. Walmart was sent a package from Louisville Kentucky and sent to Walmart optical in Goose Creek South Carolina where we live. We made three complaints to PayPal demanding a refund but they keep rejecting us saying that the item was received. But we never received the game we ordered but Walmart received their shipment which did not include our game!!! I’ve emailed PayPal the proof we got from UPS but they still reject our demand. How stupid!! It’s like PayPal is protecting the scammer and he will continue to scam others getting his money from PayPal somehow stealing Tracking Numbers. And when I emailed the seller no one is responding to my emails.. In fact when I even tried to email BlueShopi it said that there’s a problem sending the emails to them. So, please pass on this information and beware that PayPal does not always protect the innocent against fraudulent activity. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get our money back let us know. It’s really not the money but the principal. Let’s not let Scammers ruin on line shopping!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Nik215
Contributor
Contributor
I had the exact same issue with BlueShopi. They are scammers and know their way around the system. I took a chance on a "company" I was not familiar with because I hoped PayPal would protect me. I just filed my complaint with PayPal so hopefully I'll get my money back. All it takes is a quick call to UPS to verify the delivery address is not the same as the purchaser's address.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Nik215
Contributor
Contributor
I had the exact same issue with BlueShopi. They are scammers and know their way around the system. I took a chance on a "company" I was not familiar with because I hoped PayPal would protect me. I just filed my complaint with PayPal so hopefully I'll get my money back. All it takes is a quick call to UPS to verify the delivery address is not the same as the purchaser's address.
Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you folks have used a credit card via Paypal,file a chargeback with your cc issuer and smack that seller in the face with a $20 fee 

Login to Me Too

Nik215
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: My dispute was also denied.  BUT then I contacted UPS and told them what happened.  They then shared more information with me.  The false tracking number I received was for a company in Ohio who sent a package to a company in my town (I received all the specifics but do not want to share them on here).  I then contacted the company in my town and they were really helpful and understanding.  They were able to pull up their package information to show that the package was actually theirs and that Blueshopi stole the tracking number and provided it to me as if it were my package.  I gathered that information and a bunch of other proof and submitted it to PayPal.  I then contacted PayPal and explained what happened.  They then decided to refund my money!  

One of the issues is that UPS only provides very basic info as proof of delivery.  So when a PayPal rep tracks the package it appears that it was delivered.  That's because Blueshopi is stealing tracking numbers for packages delivered to the same location of where you live.  PayPal confirmed that they do not call UPS for further info.  But the basic proof should be enough sometimes to at the very least reach out to the disputer for more info.  For instance, "my" so-called package was signed by someone with a different name and showed the package as weighing 1.7 lbs.  The cooler I ordered weighs 21 lbs.  This basic information should be raising red flags to the reps at PayPal reviewing these disputes.  I'm sure PayPal receives tons of complaints, some valid, some not.  But I hope that they look closer at some of these red flags and investigate further.  I also hope they will revisit the other cases that have been filed against this company.  If your case has been denied I suggest getting more information and contacting PayPal by phone.

After numerous complaints were filed against Blueshopi they shut down their website.  I now see they opened a new website but they included an extra "L" in their name.  DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.