Dispute refused

Ellenphelps
New Community Member
So basically between March and April a guy I don't even know has taken over 700 from my PayPal account so hes obviously hacked my account I proved all this that I don't them or anythink ( this guys lives in a completely different country) and they refuse to refund me 😡😡😡 I threatened PayPal with sueing them as this is unacceptable, so how do i go about this? Cause this scum took food and clothes from my kids and PayPal don't care
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

buckyoharefan
Contributor
Contributor

I think they have a 30 day window to report this kind of thing unless it was an ongoing thing that has a new charge.  I had a company that got my paypal info through facebook and was copying charges of things I actually was paying for so when I got the notification I thought it was for something else until I looked at the summary page 3 months later and discovered the one company was matching charges I did stealing my money. they refunded it all but only because I had a new charge and contested every charge made by that person.  they were clever to disguise the amounts to match things that was legit so I would not catch on as paypal only tells you you spent this much using paypal and not to whom until you see the summary.  I changed all my paypal info and passwords and turned on the authenticate transactions using my pin to stop it from happening again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.