Dispute help

Jayne2504
New Community Member

I am at my witts end here , dec 26th I ordered an item for $50.58USD , I was given a tracking number, which has turned out to be someone else’s item. My item never showed up and I’ve tried 3 times now to get a dispute started to get a refund. The company has provided PayPal with the tracking number which says package delivered to mount Melville, so PayPal close the case. I do not live at mount Melville neither, I have had to beg Australia Post to give me the details of that tracking number and it went to a man named Merv <removed> ! That’s not me can someone please help me ? I’ve been trying to get my money back since February it’s now March Please anyone?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WisoAltred
Contributor
Contributor

Hm. Unfortunate set of events. From what I understand from your post, there has been a mixup.

This is not entirely a good idea, so please only follow my suggestions on a last ditch effort, but your best bets are likely to contact;

- Paypal support

- The guy who sold you the item in the first place.

- Get advice from your bank.

If the guy who supposedly received your item does not return it or know it is incorrect, you may be in a pickle. So try those three options first.

Otherwise, without a dispute, unless your bank can help you, it may be best to look elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jayne2504 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.