Dispute do not Understand

TerryUK
Contributor
Contributor

Placed an order that stated delivery in 5-7 days, when I did not receive notice of order dispatch I contacted the company who told me they did not have the items and could not send.

I requested a full refund and they said they would action it, No refund arrived so opened a dispute in Paypal then escalated it to a claim.

The claim now states 

Adjudication reason:The seller has sent you a full refund.

Estimated case resolution: 10 April

I do not see the refund on my account, I have contacted paypal by message and there reply is a generic message every time saying they are dealing with it.

What I can not understand is, if the seller has sent a refund why am I waiting ?

There is no message from the seller in the dispute no sign of interaction, although I do have emails stating they have refunded in full.

Does any one know how this process works ?

Paypal have been useless and supplied me very little or no information on this case.

I have sent paypal copies of the emails from the company saying they can not supply the goods and they would refund.

The seller has not put a claim against me and does not deny the goods were not supplied.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @TerryUK

I Hope you're doing well! 

Once a refund is initiated by a Seller, the funds that they will refund could either be funded by their PayPal balance or the their bank account. If the money is still on the sellers paypal balance, the refund should be reflected realtime, however if they transfered it to their bank account prior from then initiating the refund then we have to retract it on their bank account first. It would take within 6 business days as the money will be pulled out first on sellers bank account. Since this is escalated into a claim, we will monitor the transaction, if the money won't be credited to you within the clearing time of 6 days, then we will manually reverse and take it as negative on sellers account which means you will still get the funds once PayPal closed it. There's no certain action you have to do for now, give it until April 10 and everything should be taken cared off. We apologize for all this delays and inconvenience.

Hope this helps! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @TerryUK 

I am very sorry that the item that you ordered is out of stock on merchant's end but I am glad to know that you have already received an email confirmation that you were issued a refund. That said, please be advised that the money will automatically be credited back to it's original funding source. Eg if you used a credit card, it will go back to your credit card; if you used a bank account, then it will go back to your bank account. Normally a refund process takes up to 7 business days (sometimes up to 30 calendar days). Bank dependent.

For more information, please click here. 

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

TerryUK
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately both these answers are incorrect.

My case was supposed to be resolved yesterday 10.04.2020 then today 11.04.2020 I check and it has been updated to resolution date 16.04.2020.

No explanation as to why this has been done nothing.

Paypal are absolute bandits who play games with our money.

Login to Me Too

BSTECH
Contributor
Contributor

@TerryUK  I have been dealing with these Pay-Pal bandit now for over 2 weeks bouncing my dispute of a non delivered item, 

WITH AN EMAIL FROM DHL SAYING ITS BEEN RETURNED. WITH AN EMAIL FROM BANG-GOOD SAYING THEY WILL REFUND ME "IF I CLOSE THE PAYPAL DISPUTE" AND MULTIPLE CHAT TRANSCRIPTS WITH PAY-PAL CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF THAT MY DISPUTE IS WRONG.

I am currently in the process of writing an email to the Financial Ombudsman as paypal are a joke and do not care about whatever it you say:

You ask them if the dispute will be tended to by a human, this is wrong, multiple info on here saying its a computer checking, multiple others from paypal staff say this isnt the case. 

you talk about the issue you have here, and multiple paypal staff say this shouldnt be right. 

you send them the proof, they dont care!

absolute con-artists!!!

Login to Me Too

TerryUK
Contributor
Contributor

I have now managed to speak to some one on the phone who had no idea why the date has changed, just used excuses regarding covid 19 but I quoted they are a financial supplier and should abide by the rules and then was hit with a brick wall and replies clearly taken from a queue card.

I then spoke on there live chat where the reply took 4 hours even though my chat was showing live, this one said my date was 16 and would be dealt with on that date, when asked why was it changed they said the retailer has not responded, so why is that my fault.

I have sent copies of the emails from the retailer stating they can not supply me and would refund.

I have sent copies of emails that say they have already refunded me via paypal.

The retailer said they would deliver my items in 5-7 working days so legally I am entitled to a full refund with no wait time.

What more do paypal require to see a claim is real

Login to Me Too

TerryUK
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an email to the CEO yesterday and 11 am this morning I received a message to say I had been refunded, the actual date they had extended my wait time to was 16th, so I take it my email worked.

Any one in the same situation email here <removed> just change ( at )

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.