Dispute Stalemate

JimAnt1962
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have purchased an item which was not as described and faulty in February. I didn't open or use it until end of June when I realised it was not fit for purpose( refurbished mint grade golf balls.) $119 The seller and I agreed on a solution. He would send me $79 worth of new golf balls. I accepted. He then said he wouldn't ship because I needed to close the PAYPAL dispute for him to have money released that PayPal put on hold. I understand that if the dispute expires without me escalating the case would be closed. He told me that if I do not close it his money will be held indefinitely so he will not send replacement unless I close the dispute. Obviously if I close it I have no further recourse if he does not send the replacement. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JimAnt1962

If you paid in February then its hardly likely your funds will be on hold in July.

He is trying to scam you. The minute you close the dispute you won't hear from him again.

Escalate to a claim > you may have to return the items back to him TRACKABLE to prove delivery first (but wait until paypal tell you to do so) before you get a full refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.