Claim for refund difficulty

Jane4087
Contributor
Contributor

My order has not arrived after 2 months since payment. I made a claim to resolution centre but it was incorrectly logged as the item having been received by me. I can’t cancel the dispute as then I believe PayPal won’t let me record the dispute correctly now. I explained in detail in my notes in the record but this has not been acknowledged by anyone. Please help. The company I ordered from has claimed the order has been sent but the tracking number does not work and I now seem to be bombarded by spam email...

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Jane4087

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble. I'm not sure I understand the situation. Did you file a Item not Received claim and you have since received the item but it isn't in the same condition it was described in? Are you looking to switch the claim type or cancel the claim? 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Jane4087
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Tricia It’s the other way round. I filed a case and it registered as the item arriving but not being acceptable in condition, when actually it did not even arrive. Someone has since contacted me and hopefully PayPal are claiming a full refund for me. It was hard as even though I wrote comprehensive notes in the case, no one seemed to read them from PayPal. Jane
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @Jane4087 thank you for the update and hopefully, you will receive your refund soon. I will make sure to send your feedback on regarding how you felt your case was dealt with.

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Josie911
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having difficulties getting a refund. I received an item that was different from what I ordered and about £35 different in price.I opened a dispute which was closed as saying I’ve received my item. I have opened a chat with PayPal explains everything and sent emails from the company,showing I have tried to sort this out.which has Now been stopped by PayPal.How do I get a refund been a night mare
Login to Me Too

Polyrhythm
Contributor
Contributor
Ugh, same. Posting here hoping a rep responds or at least sees this. I've been back and forth with Paypal for going on 2 months now trying to get $300 back. In this case I cancelled the item so naturally I never got it, but I never got a refund either, just $190 (out of $485) sent to me as a separate transaction for goods and services. No matter how many explanations and screenshots I provide in my case and how many reps I talk to saying I'll get my money back I keep getting denied. I've basically been robbed and Paypal is refusing to help.
Login to Me Too

Jane4087
Contributor
Contributor
Will that stop you from using PayPal? I’ve never heard of these problems before- unless I’ve been lucky? I can’t believe the company takes your money months beforehand and then tries to tell us the item is sent but it never arrives. They admitted they were totally overloaded with orders but they still take the money when they can’t fill the orders. And all way before Xmas so my son didn’t get his present. I thought 2 months was plenty of time to order as it said 2 weeks for postage.... I have at least 10 emails and texts from the company saying conflicting info. PayPal were good on the phone after I finally got through to someone so fingers crossed for me. Hope you get somewhere.
Login to Me Too

Polyrhythm
Contributor
Contributor
I've never had a problem with Paypal till now either. Honestly this whole experience has left me so bitter if I wasn't an eBay seller I'd delete my account in a second, but Paypal is so ingrained into everything now I have no choice. If my claim gets denied again I guess I'll just be out of $300 and stick to solely using a credit card with my account 😕
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.