Claim denied, how to appeal?

stellakang
Contributor
Contributor

I've already posted about this, but will continue to post until I get some kind of resolution. Someone stole $500 from my PayPal account through a cash withdrawal at Walmart. I filed a claim and Paypal said that after "investigation" they concluded that it was an authorised transaction. I live in Spain where there are no Walmarts. I have never stepped foot in a Walmart in my life.

What I don't understand is how they conducted their investigation. I was never contacted as a part of their investigation.

It seems that it's happened enough that they should have detected the pattern and put the system on alert. Seems criminally negligent to allow this to keep happening AND to deny people's claims when it's clear that this is a criminal pattern of behaviour. 

Definitely would be interested in bringing legal action against PayPal. Plus, I haven't been able to figure out how to appeal their decision. Looks like there isn't a way to appeal. Every interaction I've had with PayPal has been painfully unhelpful. I'm alerting the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. So angry about this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Derek_Hyde
Contributor
Contributor

Dear @kernowlass 

I have been looking for a way to start an appeal. I saw instructions about an appeal button when reviewing the dispute, but no such button is apparent.

Can you give any pointers?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Derek_Hyde
Contributor
Contributor

Use telephone or chat. may be something silly like postcode nto shown on receipt.

If you can show clear linkage between tracking number and postcode, that would likely help. Eg copy of courier label.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.