Cant reopen closed case

voxyeno73
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, yesterday I was scammed and payed for a service and I did not receive my goods in return. I tried to file a dispute to paypal but it said it will take up to 15 days which is not compatible for me as this is an urgent issue and I need my funds back as soon as possible to travel. So I filed an unauthorized transaction instead which led to to be rejected and now I can't even open another dispute about the same transaction. PLEASE HELP ME with this issue as I am desperate to get my funds back as soon as possible and I can prove that I was scammed. so please help me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@voxyeno73 

Sorry but you'll need to call customer service and have them change the reason of the dispute to Item Not Received and wait the amount of time it takes to resolve your problem. Even if you did win the case, depending on how you paid, it will take at least a week for the issued refunds to be credited by your funding source (a week, up to 30 days for credit card refunds), except if it was paid with PayPal balance, the funds should be returned fairly instantly or simply open a credit card chargeback dispute by calling you card company, if you paid with credit card who, if accepts your dispute will issue a provisional credit to your account until pending the outcome of the chargeback.

Contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@voxyeno73 

Sorry but you'll need to call customer service and have them change the reason of the dispute to Item Not Received and wait the amount of time it takes to resolve your problem. Even if you did win the case, depending on how you paid, it will take at least a week for the issued refunds to be credited by your funding source (a week, up to 30 days for credit card refunds), except if it was paid with PayPal balance, the funds should be returned fairly instantly or simply open a credit card chargeback dispute by calling you card company, if you paid with credit card who, if accepts your dispute will issue a provisional credit to your account until pending the outcome of the chargeback.

Contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

voxyeno73
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thank you for aswering me back. I tried to call the customer service more than twice now but the automated recording keeps saying to call back in during normal work hours and although I keep saying "Live Agent" the automated does not respond to such call. I also messaged the the support in the message centre and they got back to me and I explained my situation saying that I need help setting my case back to open case with "Items not received" but so far they only told me to follow some steps to do so myself. Unfortunately I followed all the steps mentioned but when I click view next to the dispute then there is no "Change your reason for this dispute" because it says it is closed. I have attached a screenshot for them to see. But I still need help, I know I was hasty and impatient but still I feel kind of betrayed for being scammed and stuck with unopen case that I should have refund my money in. I just want my funds back and I would really appreciate any given help. Thank you

Login to Me Too

atefajlani
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem and I tried to call the customer service but nobody answers !!
Login to Me Too

voxyeno735

Hi everyone, I'm the same guy who created this topic but with a different account for now. Anyway, what I want to say to everyone who's having the same issue, is that my case was solved just by contacting paypal through their messaging center. I have tried before all the solutions suggested by other users but none of them worked for me including calling paypal's customer service number. So what I did is, I insistently kept messaging paypal through their messaging center and fully explained my situation and how the other solutions did not work for me. It took a while but fortunately paypal's customer service is very friendly and efficient and I was very surprised how they handled my case very professionally and they listened to everything I had to say. So don't let it get to you easily guys. Just contact them through their messaging center, explain your situation fully and clearly while mentioning that other solutions did not work for you, they will gladly help each and everyone of you. I'm sure of it now because of how they helped me. Stay safe everyone ❤️

Login to Me Too

talalak
New Community Member

I have not received my $150 product and paypal closed the case without any explanation to me and i am still waiting without any deliver or any hope or=f resolving the case, the money is gone and the product is not shipped.  

I deserve an explanation of why the case is closed and i cant reopen it, i cant find a number to call or or a person to chat with 

what a service????!!!!!
shame on paypal, how can i trust you?

Login to Me Too

atefajlani
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same situation but the amount I'm disputing is $109.99
Login to Me Too

Lynnie16
Contributor
Contributor

How can they authorize a unauthorized payment.  Then they say I can't do a thing about it?  What kind of service is this??? So I'm out $75 to Bath and Bodyworks for a purchase I did not make, nor receive?

Login to Me Too

Audrocks
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation.   I was scammed for $250 on Paxful for bitcoins I did not receive.  The claim was classified as “Not authorized” and should have been “Item not received”.  I’ve been around and around calling th[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]customer service number and it either sends me back to an online article or says No Agents Available and hangs up on me.  

This is enough money to contact my state financial regulatory agencies.  

Login to Me Too

Mgreene90
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happen to me so is it best just to call PayPal and have them change it. Cause it didn’t give me the option to goods not received just unauthorized purchase.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.