PayPal asking for valid document "Not as described - claim"

Biddyp87
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the story, I order masks of GearBest.com and the seller sent me packing paper and cut-up boxes to make it seem like he was sending me a bulky item, I received nothing but packing paper and empty cardboard boxes, he was fraudulent and scammed me basically.

Yet this claim has been going on for a whole month now.

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 12.55.04 PM.png

Here's the run around that PayPal has given me thus far, so the question is what can I send them as " Valid document to show that the item was significantly not as described."? Because I have sent them everything FBI reports everything they ask me to do.

To give you an example, I feel like I need to go to my credit card company because PayPal is useless, I had a dispute once from Hotels.com and they sided with hotels.com, just so they can refund me days later after seeing duplicate charges. Just an example of how inept PayPal staff are, I'm going to buy directly and avoid PayPal if this case is sided with the seller. Here are the details so far about this case.

Case details
Seller information

Gearbest

[email]

Transaction amount

$1,649.90 USD

Transaction ID
Shipping address

[address}

Invoice ID

P200528009272163616MMJ

Date reported

June 5, 2020

Your notes

2 Packages came via FedEx, both packages shipped with tracking 393389570101, 393389239770 — arrived with missing and fraudulently different or not as described; both packages had cardboard boxes filling of weight and not 1000 units of NK95 mask or 5 100 units box of 5 medical 3-ply masks as ordered. Both packages came empty as described above, these came in filled with cardboard box packaging that is unrelated. I want a full refund, I waited over the time limit and asked for several times for tracking, to get these packages empty boxes with 17 lbs of heavy cardboard, but ultimately received nothing in closely related to my order, just empty packaging. I want a full refund.

Additional info
Item issues
  • Other
Refund requested

$1,649.90 USD

Your responses
Date added

June 27, 2020

Your notes

I have filed 4 reports with the following agencies and see the attached reports. - FBI ic3.gov complaint Report - USPS Office of Inspector General, Computer Crimes/Fraud Report. - FTC Report Number: 119968015 - California Department of Consumer affairs Report.

File
  • IC3 Complaint Referral Form.pdf
  • File an Online Complaint | USPS Office of Inspector General.pdf
  • DCA CA Report #2020062793123.pdf
  • FTC Report Number 119968015.pdf
Date added

June 20, 2020

Your notes

PayPal, Original Order with Seller: The Contents ordered through a seller on the GearBest.com platform listed the following offers (links below) N95 Mask 1,000 units and 300 Disposable Face Mask (100pcs per box). Items not as Described Received: When I received 2 packages, one large and one less than medium size (see pictures/evidence) they were full of extra packing paper padding and plain cardboard boxes, it had a lot of box packaging cardboard cut to fit and spread on the boxes, just that nothing else just packaging. The boxes came from the same warehouse in Chino, CA., and they appeared on the label, as the same seller. There were ZERO masks on both of the boxes just packaging and cardboard stuffing, one weighed 17 lbs and the other less than 1 lb., see labels, both came from "BOP Chen KN95" as the shipper. Conclusion: The packaging did not contain a single mask, we unpiled cardboard boxes after cut-up boxes, we had to order masks on eBay, we are still ordering masks for our kids as a result. This seller tried to swindle me for my payment and the order the seller sent was done fraudulently to scammed me for both my orders. This is my final conclusion as I did not receive what was ordered. Multiple photos attached as evidence, Masks should weight MORE than that especially since we bought 1000 units and 300 3-earloops. Links: https://www.gearbest.com/braces---supports/pp_3004620685828558.html?wid=2000001 https://www.gearbest.com/braces---supports/pp_3007779576148417.html?wid=2000001

File
  • 20200620_114644.jpg
  • 20200620_114655.jpg
  • 20200620_114726.jpg
  • 20200620_115401.jpg
  • 20200620_115332.jpg
  • 20200620_115428.jpg
Date added

June 5, 2020

Your notes

I tried working this matter with the merchant's sellers, Packages came filled with cardboard filling, boxes, and no order, there was nothing, I need a full refund. Packages came not as described, nothing but cardboard boxes and empty fillings, no KN95 (1000 units), and no 3-ply earloop disposable masks ( 5 Boxes of 100 units). I paid for these on 28/05/2020 and nothing came in my order just the described issue above.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DS1421
New Community Member
Using PayPal seems like our first mistake.
Login to Me Too

p2013
New Community Member

I am going through the same situation, I had a local computer shop appraise the difference in what I received and what I order, Paypal is giving me the run around that it doesn't meet their requirement.  Each time I submit the documentation, it's like a stupid computer is an auto replying to my case.

Please provide any information we ask you to send us within 9 days. If we don't hear back from you within this time frame, we may decide this case in the seller’s favor.

We received your document. However, the document provided doesn't meet our requirements.

The requested document should be provided by an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser or another individual or organization that's qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself). The document should detail the extent of the damage or clearly explain how the item received significantly differs from the item advertised.

Please provide valid documentation within the time frame specified above. This time period cannot be extended further.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.