Can buyer open dispute after 5 months?

garg11
Contributor
Contributor

This is weird thing.

I sold unlocked from AT&T phone in June 6 2018

Buyer since he got the phone started dispute that he didn't authorize the purchase, But actually he paid after my invoice.

The case was closed.

In November 1, 2018 he opened another one like the "item is not as described".- he wrote that it is damaged.

He wrote that he contacted to AT&T and they said that maybe this phone is Europe model(This phone has a sign "AT&T" on front side.) I don't think AT&T has a branches in Europe. And I know for sure I got this phone here in USA. 

The Paypal wrote:

We've determined that your buyer should receive a refund, once we have confirmed that the merchandise has been returned to you.

I don't know any other stores, which has so good return policy.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@garg11

Stores no but credit or debit cards yes.

A buyer has up to 6 months to open a paypal dispute, this is the same as credit cards give their customers so it would not matter what 'store' a buyer used if they paid via paypal or a credit card then they can get a refund up to that timeframe.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@garg11

Stores no but credit or debit cards yes.

A buyer has up to 6 months to open a paypal dispute, this is the same as credit cards give their customers so it would not matter what 'store' a buyer used if they paid via paypal or a credit card then they can get a refund up to that timeframe.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

garg11
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! Good to know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.