No support with fraudulent transactions

Johnston352
Contributor
Contributor

Please could anybody help!? My PayPal account was hacked on the 2nd October, quickly 3 transactions where made during this period- transactions as follows: Cd keys £46.99 & £19.69 EF FZC £43.98 These transactions where for electronic vouchers, the EF FZC was for a PlayStation voucher we do not own one. My wife was away on business in Germany & noticed the notifications on her phone. She called me & they PayPal password was immediately changed. At the time we assumed that through hotel WiFi the email and PayPal has been hacked. We also noticed a folder for any PayPal emails had been set in the email re directing any PayPal emails. I immediately reported the transactions as fraud to PayPal & expected a refund. The claim was denied. At this stage I called spoke to customer service, they advised that the could see strange activity on account with log ins & outs, we felt assured having explained the above the refunds would be recieved. Again claims where denied. We called back and again long call explaining and recieved no explanation why the claims had been declined again. Again we felt assured after speaking to customer service, they again could see the account and log ins. Again this claim denied! At this point we contacted our bank, they contacted yourselves & dated 25th October we recieved a letter from the bank & copies of the chargeback response calls you provided to the bank- these sheets stated a transaction was made in the 23.09 & not disputed. This transaction was made by us & for goal keeper gloves for my son. Clearly this would not be disputed! Due to these forms bank could not support our claim. I called PayPal and spoke to a lady in the limitations team, she explained that one of the transactions appeared to be linked to ‘Oliver’. Oliver is my son and this information had not previously been shared. While the representative was on the phone we spoke to Oliver, Oliver had a virus on his computer around the time of the transactions and had to do a full system clean. The link still did not make sense as his computer has NEVER assessed my email account and does not have my PayPal account stored. Even so it is still very unclear how the account was assessed. Having explained all of these things the representative believed that the case should be reviewed again. I have not recieved any contact from PayPal since. I called today & agent advised the case is with the bank- it is not as above. I was promised a call back in 1 hour- didn’t happen. I called back later and was cut off! I’m not getting anywhere as these transactions where no is anybody no where I go from here, I really want my money back before Christmas! It feels so unfair that I can’t get help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.