Buyer protection

tanush1234
New Community Member

Hey guys so i purchased a pair of shoes from this guy on facebook marketplace with paypal and he agreed to post on monday after I had already paid him, then he didn't, and didnt reply for a whole day which is a bit odd obviously. I then noticed he took the ad down and deleted his facebook account. This was obviously a scam as he had not told me he had posted the item and was now not replying to my messages. So i reported a problem through paypal detailing what happened on what date and his facebook name. They then concluded that the transaction was not unauthorised and closed the case saying i am not covered by buyer protection. Did they even read what i described? I have been scammed and i should be entitled to a refund. Please help and give information on how to get my refund!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jpatulot
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @tanush1234 ! If you have additional information that we haven't reviewed or if there's been a mistake in the processing of the case you can contact us. You may also reach us via chat. Go to the message centre in your paypal account to email them or use a live chat option if available as there phone support is unavailable at the moment.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @tanush1234 

This must be a frustrating situation and I am very sorry about that. 

To be transparent to you, it really is my vast regret informing you that this transaction cannot be considered unauthorized. "Unauthorized transaction" is when a payment was made by someone else and not by the account owner. @Jpatulot is correct, please  contact our Customer Service to re-open your case and it will be tagged as "Item not received" which you are protected for. To get there, kindly click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country. Since, our phone lines are currently close due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency, you may want to send an email or go to the message center and chat with a live agent. Or, you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
Twitter: @AskPayPal

Other option available for you is to contact your card issuer if this payment was funded by your credit or debit card as they also provide extra level of protection.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.