No agents online so I'll ask here

Zigarten
Contributor
Contributor

I made a computation error on a pending dispute. If I close the dispute will that prevent me from opening a new one?

I've sent emails to support but of course there's limited resources I assume, Facebook messenger just says "no one is home" so I'm asking here instead.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Zigarten If you're going to close the case, it cannot be re open or you cannot file another dispute to PayPal with the same transaction anymore. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zigarten 

sorry whats a pending dispute? You have either opened a dispute or you haven't?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zigarten
Contributor
Contributor

It's when you've entered a dispute and they are asking the vendor to respond so it's under the pending list in the resolution center.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zigarten 

OK you can only open 1 dispute per transaction so never close a dispute until it has been sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Zigarten If you're going to close the case, it cannot be re open or you cannot file another dispute to PayPal with the same transaction anymore. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PotpotHo 

Think thats what i just said???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Zigarten
Contributor
Contributor

I did get a resolution but again, I entered it wrong so I only got back a portion. The vendor has basically told me to take a hike now.  The resolution will not allow me to do another one. 

I've sent an email (2 weeks ago) to PayPal which I've not received a reply, requesting the dispute be modified or cancelled so I could re-enter. But the case was resolved before my email was answered.

Some communication on PayPal twitter support about the input error but nothing resolved.

What course of action should I take now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.