Buyer Protection

Hope18
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am devastated, I paid for an iPhone X on eBay £650, seller turned out to be a scammer who compromised an eBay account with high feedback and sold me the phone.

Made a PayPal claim, got declined because of the seller told PayPal that the item was cash on collection only even though the listing in eBay stated FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY. The scammer didn't provide any tracking info, yet PayPal decided the case in his favor and said that my payment is not covered by buyer protection.

I kept sending emails to Paypal asking why my payment is not covered by the buyer protection but no response from them.

When I call PayPal over the phone, they say it's not covered because the item was cash on collection only which is utterly wrong, and they wouldn't say the reason for the payment not protected in an email.

What can I do!!!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hope18

1. If you funded that paypal payment with a credit card (which everyone should in my opinion for extra protection) then contact your card issuer and ask them to do a chargeback for you.

2. If you have the sellers info then consider a small claims court action.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hope18
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response.

Can I take PayPal court as they are the one who caused all of this trouble!! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hope18

I'm no lawyer and have nothing to do with Paypal so that would be between you and your legal bod to sort out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.