Any experience with TomTop.com?

LeoChiliLioness
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a recent customer for Tomtop.com and every nerve in me tells me I've made a mistake. I've read online reviews for Tomtop and every one of them says something negative about the site. I've even tried contacting the seller about the purchase I made but I don't get a response. I keep receiving an email telling me (in Chinese) that my emails have been bounced, multiple times. I've even opened up a dispute in Paypal complaining about not receiving my items but still nothing from the seller. Does Tomtop even exist? Is this a scam website? Who is Tomtop.com?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hselloum

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also if you have activated the below link then paypal would help you with return costs  >>

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/what-is-%27return-shipping-on-us%27-and-how-do-i-activate-it...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No idea.  You should be able to get your money back from the dispute.  Do your research before doing business with a merchant from now on.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I have bought from Tomtop in the past, some electronics stuff. It has been a while, but I recall receiving most of the stuff just fine but there probably was some shipments lost or something. If so, file a dispute, just like with any other seller. They might have several accounts of eBay just like many other chinese stores. They do have website which seems to still function.
Login to Me Too

graeme246
Contributor
Contributor

Hi
i bought a quadcopter off tomtop.com it cost me US$689.99.after joining up and paying i noticed 2 problem's
  i joined up the mailing list in which says i would get a $50.00 US bonus thinking this would come off my purchase.
after looking carefully at listing i noticed they do not add the silver aluminium case.i would have to buy it seperately.
on ebay for $180.00 more

it has taken 4 days of headaches trying to get  the order cancelled as it was on hold.i went on live chat 3 times and got nowheere at all.
so i opened a dispute with paypal just to get messages to them.and finally i get a reply stating they will cancel and refund but can take a while.all they have to do is cancel payment and the funds come back instantly.

what is killing me is i bought the quad copter as a birthday present for the 25th next thursday  of may.

i have bought another package from elsewhere and need the money to pay for it.and this company is messing me around with my money knowing very well that i need the money asap for a birthday present
and i'm sitting on the edge of my seat worrying that i wont have time to get the present in time for 1 week today.

they have run me around mostly wont answer question's
Never in my life have i dealt with such a bad company and will never deal with them again
they state if i join the mailing list i get 50 off only to be told they dont accept it on sale item's and the package has a part taken out of it in whih is the Carrying case.
i could have bought the entire package locally or on ebay for less.
do not deal with them be warned
Graeme

Login to Me Too

ZeeTea
New Community Member

Hi everybody,

DO NOT BUY AT tomtop.com !!!

Unfortunatelly I had same trouble after buying something from tomtop.com

The point is that this <removed> is not answering on any of my emails:

-I ordered something and tried to cancel it 30 minutes later... no reaction.

-I received the ordered and ask how is the procedure of return shipment, refund etc... no reaction.

-I contacted the support-email AND the chat... no chance to get help.

Really a nightmare... I need help to get my money back 😞

Do not do the same mistake which I made.

Login to Me Too

Romila
Contributor
Contributor

Today i receive my product ordered a few weeks ago. I opened the box and was intact. But the product is not working. TomTop is not answer me at the e-mail and reviews or facebook. I just want the refund. 

Login to Me Too

TheBattman
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds about right - item received not working - and they try to make every excuse and avoid responsibility.

Login to Me Too

ddddddddddddd

same here - they wont give you a refund - ever

Login to Me Too

AnthonyN
New Community Member

Completely scam.

Bought a $1.200 drone. Tracking of the order was never clear. When UPS pack arrived, it contained just two big stones, no drone whatsoever. First time I am scammed while shopping online. No reaction from the site after raising my complaint. 

Thanks to PayPal I was fully reimbursed! Excellent customer service and great advocate of consumer interests !

TomTop site should be closed. PayPal should not do business which such a fraudulent vendor.

Don't buy, don't take the risk, it is not worthed. 

Login to Me Too

Mikey208
Contributor
Contributor

I wish that I had checked the reviews on TOMTOP before I made my purchase. Had I seen all of the bad stuff I would never have done business with them. I ordered one of those Bugs2 drones. It arrived with no battery. I attempted to contact them at the email address they provided but it didn't work. I had to search the Internet for another address. They answered but they said the battery was built into the drone. It is not. Then they asked me to photograph everything I received. They then said the battery was hidden inside the transmitter. Right! Whomever wrote that was either very stupid or thought I was! I had paid through PayPal so I filed and won the case. Whew! Lesson learned! DO NOT BUY FROM TOMTOP!!!! Thank you PayPal!!

PS. My experience with purchases from China have been mixed. I have had some very good ones and I have had some bad ones. This has been the worst. My advice is to search and search before choosing to make a purchase with a company in China. I realize that we are limited to buying Chinese products in many cases but you might be able to find a Chinese company that has an outlet outside of China in the US or wherever you are. That doesn't mean you won't have problems but at least you won't have to wait forever to get your item and you can return it easily enough.     

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.