Withdrawal Pending... Still Pending...

ajandyg
New Community Member

Hello,

I withdrew money from my Paypal account and was instantly sent an email saying that the money will be in my account within 24 hours?! Its been 12 and it still says pending. I write this because everyone i have spoken to says that it always takes 2-3 days. Is this an email everyone gets? or an i actually going to get my money in the next 12 hours?

If not the 24 hour email is unfair. I know it hasnt been 24 hours yet but people have worried me...

many thanks

andy

Login to Me Too
121 REPLIES 121

laurenkaz
New Community Member
It's good that they do this! When you've had you're account hacked for 2900 before they checked it all you'll understand why this procedure is a godsend.
Login to Me Too

lharman
Contributor
Contributor

I have been waiting since friday despite calling Paypal twice!! Both people i have spoken to said your money will be cleared by monday one said at 12pm the next said at 1pm ??? I am on holiday today and my wages do not go into my bank till Wednesday so the money i have in Paypal is supposed to be in my account to cover me till i get paid!!! Joke this is i don't want to be worrying about going away and having no money, This was a last minute decision to go away and i booked it as soon as i withdrew money and Paypal told me 2hours to 24 i have been waiting since friday and now i am worring!! 

Login to Me Too

ctek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David,

Can you please look into my account. All my withdrawals are getting flagged for security and I need the funds immidiately. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

carpina

Hi, I have also received an email stating that I will receive the requested withdrawal funds in 24 hours.  However, my withdrawal is showing as 'pending' due to a security review.  I am also confused because it is really not clear whether this review will delay my funds for up to 72 hours or whether the email is correct in stating I will receive them in 24 hours.  Either way, it is very frustrating as this is the first time this has happened to me and I expected the funds to be transferred instantly.  Is this a sign that PayPal is increasing its security or just bad luck?

Login to Me Too

Jojo91
New Community Member
I have had a withdrawal from my PayPal pending for 2 days 12ish hours. Is this normal. I am in need of the funds :/. Thankyou
Login to Me Too

ally97
New Community Member

Same problem, I withdrew my funds yesterday at around diner time and it still says pending, when can I expect payment?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi there ally97, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. 

Most withdrawals will process within a few hours and leave PayPal to be added by your bank however there are some withdrawal that will be held for further review. If your withdrawal has been placed for a review it can pend for up to 72 hours. Once this timeframe passes it will then be sent to your bank to be processed and added to your bank account. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

dombricka
Contributor
Contributor

I withdrew some money on Thursday, May 15th to my Romanian Card. On the 17th is still shows "pending". It's the first time this happens. You say some withdrawals are queued for 72 hrs to be reviewed. Why does PayPal do that if the card is the same I use all the time?

Login to Me Too

SimoneeIAm
Contributor
Contributor
Like many others i am in dire need of this money im flying to Turkey in 9 hours due to an emergency! I havent been able to withdraw to send any of my ebay items. I have never had this 'pending' issue before. My friend has sent money from her bank to my paypal and even that is pending. I do not want to be stranded in another country with no money! This is ridiculous!!!!
Login to Me Too

Lilly25x
New Community Member
I've just tried to withdraw my available balance to my bank account. It's saying on my paypal that's it's pending withdrawal! I haven't had an issue before and I haven't received an email or notice explaining why it's pending withdrawal. I have waited long enough to receive my own money from sales. I will not be using paypal again if my money isn't released tonight. I'm extremely unhappy with the service and obviously so are other customers. I need the money straight away and I've already had enough of waiting.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.