Does PayPal transfer money over weekends?

Titchell94
New Community Member

I withdrew £150.00 from my PayPal on Wednesday evening around 5pm. I got a message telling me that the withdrawal had been successful and that the money would be in my account from 2 hours-3 days. I really need the money tomorrow (Saturday) and was just wondering whether or not it would be there, or if I would have to wait until Monday.

Another thing to this is the fact that I only made my account in the last week, but due to the way that the money was put into my account (Gifted) it didn't say it was pending like it did with money that I recieved from someone during a transaction. Will this affect it? 

I did try calling PayPal, but although they were extremely friendly, they were at the same time pretty useless, and I came off of the phone knowing no more than I did before!

Help please!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The transfers are pretty much automated and usually done in batches.  Weekends should not make a difference.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The transfers are pretty much automated and usually done in batches.  Weekends should not make a difference.

Login to Me Too

Titchell94
New Community Member

Okay, thanks a lot! 

Login to Me Too

kallaker13
Contributor
Contributor

ive took out £200, so will i recieve the money on sunday at the same time?

Login to Me Too

JAMESRM97
Contributor
Contributor

Did youi get your money. I made a transfer today (Saturday) It says 3-5 days to transfer. Do Sundays count? It does say biz days so I'm not sure what to think.

Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

heatherp6
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to withdraw money yesterday, and its still showing as pending, grrr

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.