Where does my refund go?

DestinyAngel
Contributor
Contributor

I have received a full refund for faulty goods and am wondering IF I need to activate anything so that the money goes back into my designated bank account (which it came from).  I do not keep funds in Paypal.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

clewis98774
New Community Member

how long till my refund is back on my card account ???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there clewis98774,

The refund should appear in your card account within 5-7 working days but depending on your card issuer it could take as long as 30 days.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

lamb4115
New Community Member

Thankyou

Login to Me Too

TheReign
New Community Member

I payed for an item using a walmart money card and I requested a cancel of transaction, The seller says the money has been refunded to my paypal account and he says it has been but I don't know where to look for it? Will it go to my money card or will it go to my paypal account? Plz help really need to get the money back.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi TheReign,

Welcome to the Community Forum! If you've made your payment using a card, the funds will be sent back there. Whenever a payment is refunded, the amount is sent back to the original funding source.

It normally takes 5-7 working days for the money to show back on your card balance, but may take up to 30 days, depending on the card issuer. I hope this information helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Yoshirocks92

I was wondering since I was sending money to a friend on Paypal and he is in the States and I'm from Canada and I used a gift card to pay for it but I sent him the wrong currency and I got it back from him so does the money go to the gift card that I used to do it?

Login to Me Too

Lyndon111

hi there 

this is all new to me .... how do i get my refund from paypal to my bank account .... its still coming up as net on my statement does that mean it hasnt cleard

thanks 

Login to Me Too

Yhanmitch23
New Community Member
Hi i just want to know where my refund amount goes? I used a card to purchased from ebay but when they gave a refund they transfer it to my paypal account but still my paypal balance was zero and i checked the card i've been used to purchased there was nothing on the records..Where is my refund amount?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.