Resending receipts

topazbean
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a seller - they experienced some technical issues on their end and so don't seem to have any evidence that I have made a payment to them, although my Paypal account says transaction completed.

I want to send them a copy of the receipt I received as evidence that I made the payment, but have just noticed that my primary email is out of date and the old email address is no longer active. This means that I never received a receipt for the transaction.

Is there any way I can send the receipt again to my updated email address?

Thanks all

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there topazbean,

While there is no way to resend the a copy of the receipt there is a way you can download that transaction using PDF and this will be the exact same for you.

On point number 4 below you can change the dates to have the one transaction in question on your screen. One of the drop down lists will have PDF as an option. You can then use this as your receipt.

To download your account’s History log, just follow these simple steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Hover your mouse cursor over the ‘History’ link near the top of the page.
3. Click the ‘Download History’ link, which appears in the drop down list.
4. Enter the relevant information and click ‘Download History’.
I hope this information helps you

Wayne
Login to Me Too

topazbean
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that. Though I do find it a little strange that you can't just email yourself a receipt a second time. Surely that would be more straightforward?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

You are more than welcome! Smiley Happy

Any request for the second receipt would be sent to the old email address so you find yourself in the same situation as before.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

tracey200uk
New Community Member

Can I send resend a receipt to myself if my email address is correct?

Login to Me Too

gwbm
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am well aware of the rather unsatisfactory method of downloading a history log - and a brief log is all it is. It does not properly replace the receipt at all. It is not that I carelessly lose my receipts, it is simply that because of the vagaries of the internet, very occasionally the receipt simply does not arrive. It seems to me that to be able to provide a copy of a payment receipt is a basic requirement of any financial system and would hardly demand any significant software or storage requirements. Ebay can provide copies of Invoices (of course) so why can't Paypal provide copies of Receipts - come on Paypal, how about it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi tracey200uk,

There should be no problem with it once the email address on your account is confirmed and active.

David.

Login to Me Too

BepiLapu
New Community Member

So david, im slightly new to the whole paypal thing, and so if i deleted a paypal email reciept from my computer, but then wish to resend that reciept to my already confirmed address, is it possible to do that?

Login to Me Too

gwbm
Contributor
Contributor

@BepiLapu wrote:

So david, im slightly new to the whole paypal thing, and so if i deleted a paypal email reciept from my computer, but then wish to resend that reciept to my already confirmed address, is it possible to do that?

So .... is it possible to resend a copy of a receipt to my email address? If so, how do you do it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi gwbm,

Welcome to the Community ForumSmiley Happy

Are you looking for the email receipt that was orginally sent to you from PayPal?

If so, we would be happy to resend the email receipt if you send us an email or make a quick call to request it from us directlySmiley Happy

I'm afraid I don't have access to account specific information through here to send it to you myselfSmiley Sad

I hope that helps gwbm,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.