Not using my payPal balance to pay for something?

duke46
Contributor
Contributor

I leave money in PayPal for my own use and to buy things off eBay 99% of the time. Its my mad money and wife can't spend it. HAHA!

Now this happens a lot with me because I have friends that want to buy something of for me to bid for them and they deal in cash only. I buy they pay I take their money to the bank. But if I have a paypal bal of $100 and the item is $100 then I use paypal then you take my money. If it would let me choice to pay through my bank only or charge card or whatever then my $100 would still be in your account. But it looks like it want work that way? Why can't I make the choice on how to pay for an item without you automatically taking the $100 out of my balance all the time?

I would think if you operate any way like a bank then you would/could earn interest on what people have in their accounts but maybe you don't operate that way?

For me to get my $100 back into your account I have to do a bank transfer and that takes more time than it should to do it for some reason? So I have to wait till it is there to use it when I need to. Then the wife might get to it first!

Do I need two accounts with you maybe so I have better control?

Login to Me Too
76 REPLIES 76

PayPal_paula

Hi duke46, 

When you use PayPal to send money, we always attempt to take the funds from your PayPal account balance first. If you have no PayPal balance, or not enough to cover the whole transaction, the remainder will be taken from your bank account. If you don’t have a bank account confirmed with PayPal, your debit or credit card will be charged instead.

The payment method hierarchy is as follows:

1. PayPal Balance.
2. Instant Bank Transfer.
3. Credit or Debit Card.

4. eCheque.

I hope this helps explain

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Badreddin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've a PayPal Balance, still when i try to pay with PayPal it deduct from my Credit Card.

How can i solve this issue?

BTW my
Account Type: Business

and my balance not in pending status.

Regards,

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Was the transaction you tried to use the balance for an international one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Badreddin
Contributor
Contributor

My Visa from Saudi Arabia.

I want to renew WHMCS and other scripts. with my PayPal balance but PayPal doesn'g give me this option.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can't use a paypal balance to pay for things internationally.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Badreddin
Contributor
Contributor

Is this just for Suaid Arabia Visa?
because my friend in UAE can use PayPal Balance without any issue.

Thank you for your reply 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I'll rephrase my above post, you can't use a paypal balance to pay for international items unless the paypal balance is in the currency of that country. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

feusz
New Community Member

Hi,

I have a SGD paypal account. And recently I received a cashback in USD. Why cant I use my balance to pay for international orders? I already changed the primary currency to USD and still I cannot use the balance. International orders keep on deducting from my credit card.

Can someone advise me how do I use the balance?

Login to Me Too

bmallos
New Community Member

That doesnt help solve the problem I too want to use a credit card to purchase something for my business and need to use the company credit card. I have enough available balance to cover it but I'm not paying for it, so I need an option to pay with a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.