Payment Pending ??????

Dobedaka
New Community Member

Why all of a sudden are paypal holding my money back.  I have not had any complaints or bad payments to buyers.  I Have not been given any reason for this.  All I see is Payment Pending ???       Has anyone else experienced this.  If so what can I do?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

KACMEF
New Community Member

I have 3 payments pending from saturday 14th may.. No idea why. have irate buyers contacting me.. cannot understand why pay pal are doing this. Hope you have had yours sorted now.

Login to Me Too

Lisac3446
New Community Member

Hi 

I recently sold some little trees and the order details on the ebay invoice says that the buyer has initiated payment through Paypal and payment is pending, but when i log into my Paypal acount there is nothing there!! not even to say that payment is pending or that the buyer has initiated payment!! i thought once someone has paid by Paypal either instantly or by echeque that it should show up on my recent activity..but i have nothing there at all to say that the buyer has tried to pay!! Is this right? the buyer wants to collect the trees on Saturday but i have said that he only could once payment has cleared, but i am worried that because there seems to be a problem, i won't get my money but the buyer will still turn up demanding his trees and stating that he has sent payment..what should i do please? Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, If the payment is still pending in eBay:

• This usually means the email address in your listing does not match the email address on your PayPal account
  • You can add and confirm this email address to your PayPal account, or you can contact your buyer to cancel this payment from within their PayPal account and send a new payment to your correct address. Only, the buyer can cancel the payment, and only if it is 'Unclaimed'

Here's how to find the email address that was used in your eBay listing:

1. Find the item you sold and click 'Sell a similar item' under 'More Actions'.
  2. Go to the section 'Decide how you'd like to be paid', which displays the email address where the payment was sent.

I would advise contacting your buyer and asking them to send to your correct e-mail address. You ca do this by sending a payment request.

To use PayPal to create a money request, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click on ‘Request Money’ near the top of the page.
3. Complete the form with the recipient's email address, the amount, the currency, and the type of money request and click ‘Continue’.
• If the Money Request is for an eBay Item or Auction Goods, fill out the second page of the payment form and click ‘Continue’.
4. Review the confirmation screen and click ‘Request Money’ to send a money request or ‘Send Invoice’ to send an invoice.

To use your PayPal account to send an invoice, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click on ‘Request Money’ near the top of the page.
3. You can choose to ‘Create an Invoice’ by clicking on this option near the top of the page.
4. Choose ‘New Invoice’ from the ‘Select Template’ drop down list and click ‘Continue’ to start using the invoice tool.
5. Complete the form with the requested information and click ‘Continue’.
6. Review the confirmation screen and click ‘Send Invoice’.

The recipient will receive an email informing them of your request for payment which contains a link. After clicking the link, the recipient can log into their existing PayPal account, sign up for a new account or enter their credit card information to pay the money request. Once the recipient pays you, the money will appear in your PayPal account balance.

Login to Me Too

gooders86
New Community Member

I have checked on the item and my email address does match my paypal email address. What does this mean? Should I post the items or wait until I have the money in my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

Ashley1990
New Community Member

I am experiencing problems similar to these other posts.

Two of my items I have sold show, "Payment was initiated on 04-April-2012 and is being processed through paypal". When I log in to view the status of the transaction paypal says, "The Transaction ID in your link is invalid". There is no activity in my history. I sold 1 other item and the payment came though fine. 

I have verified my account twice before. Once when I first started using Paypal and a second time when I last had payment issues as I done it to double check. Why should I need to verify again? After the process involves paypal taking two small sums of money out my back account.

I don't see why I should have to send a separate invoice to my customers causing further delay.

Can someone please tell me what's causing this to happen?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Ashley1990,

It sounds like an incorrect email address has been used in your eBay listing.

You can check this by following the below:

1. Find the item you sold and click 'Sell a similar item' under 'More Actions'.
  2. Go to the section 'Decide how you'd like to be paid', which displays the email address where the payment was sent. 

If the email address displayed in your listing is correct, I would suggest contacting the buyer and checking the exact email address they sent the payment to. Even a minor spelling mistake will mean that the payment is not sent to your PayPal account.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

quantumdesigns9
New Community Member

Funny how the only answer two questions out of all of ours. I recently sent a payment to a vusiness website I use for materials to run my own business, sent then the money may 4, saturday. Get a call from them today saying that paypal has declined my payment. I go to see my history and says my payment is pending? Why is this, why must paypal "review" my payment? Please reply ASAP as I cant just have my provider hold what I need. Ive been having nothing but problems since I started using paypal...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Quantumdesigns9, 

As moderators we cannot view or take action on your PayPal account. We are happy however to answer any questions in general. 

If your payment is on hold and you would like further clarification then I would recommend that you contact us directly via the contact us link. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Hi. I've sent payment to someone who has just set up a new paypal account. In my account it is showing as instant and completed but in their account it is showing as pending. Do they need to do something to accept the payment? The email address is correct. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.