Limits Still In Place?

blingblings
New Community Member

As far as I'm aware, my account is verified and I've followed all the steps to lift the limits on my account, but there's still a £1,700 yearly limit. I've trawled the Help section, but to no avail.

How DO you lift the limits?

Login to Me Too
147 REPLIES 147

MikeyTurvey
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone tell me how long it takes Paypal to review documents? I want to lift the recieving limit on my account, and had to upload my passport and bank statement (because the information I gave them didn't match up somehow????), which I've done. I did it last week, but haven't had heard anything back from Paypal to confirm that they got them.

When I check on my limits, in the upload or fax documents part it still says 'To do' rather than 'In progress'. 😕

Login to Me Too

Lucky_lucas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help me ASAP

I’ve had my account frozen a few months ago, I completed ALL the tasks Paypal asked me too yet my account is still limited. I can still receive payments so I have been continuing to sell on eBay, my balance now stands at over £3,000 I really do need this for Christmas but I just can’t access it. What can I do please?

When I email Paypal all I get is an automated reply.

I haven’t had a single buyer complaint & my seller rating is 131 @ 100% positive with excellent seller ratings.

Login to Me Too

victorokon
New Community Member

my name  is victor  okon have been  trying to  make a pay with  my  VISA DEBIT  is not ALLOW ING ME   i dont why  

is GLASS TABLES  I  HAVE ACCOUNT  WITH ebay  thank 

thank

Login to Me Too

notchuffed
New Community Member

I have the answer:

I've just spoken to Sean from Customer Services who informs me he is unable to comment on the 5,000+ users of Paypal on this forum who have / have had the same issues for over a year...

He is also unable to comment on the fact that I had to fill in an OPTIONAL field (house number) to verify myself.

(This is nothing compared to some of the information some of you have uploaded to this organisation: Banks Statements, Passports...)

At the very worst, this smacks of a data-mining operation and at the very best, sheer incompetence.

As I said: I have the answer.

Close your account.

Insist that all data is removed from their database (that they are not legally obliged to retain).

Insist that all connections with your bank account are broken and also removed from their database.

Insist that you receive an email confirming this.

In future, pay with your card...merchants will be happier because they only pay 1.5%  to visa as opposed to 4.5% through PayPal.

Problem solved.

All the best...Happy New Year!

NotChuffed.Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

ROSYWITCH

Can someone confirm this..

I have a verified account and done the deposit thing a while ago and it worked. Verified.

I won an item today and it won't let me pay for it because of a sending limit.

I followed all the steps to remove the limit but it is still not letting me buy the item, it sends me back to paypal to remove my limit even though I have just done this, then it opens up my account overview page with no indication of what to do next ?

(Ieven searched your help and found remove sending limit but the link mentioned in your help text wasn't there, as I have already done this)

Basically fully verified and filled out all the forms to remove my sending limit but it still doesnt work ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi ROSYWITCH, 

If you have a verified account then you should not have sending limit. Can I ask that you log in and try to send the payment again to see if you get the same error message. 

If it continues I would recommend that you contact us directly so we can assist you with this. 

Please keep us posted

Paula 

Login to Me Too

rihno
New Community Member

I have tried a few times to lift  limits and nothing happened, could someone help, please, because I have to pay for item, tkanks

Login to Me Too

tomehoban
Contributor
Contributor

utter nonsence for a reply having the same problem today myself April 11th 2013. What PayPal are good at is ending you around in cicles trying to up spending limits. PayPal should try occaisionally using itself to pay for items/Get paid for items like me it would be looking for alternatives.

Login to Me Too

newtonscradle
New Community Member

With all due respect Paula, I have just spent half an hour going through this thread hoping to find an answer. Everyone seems to have the same problem and all the moderators say the same thing and yet here we are 2 years after the thread started and the problem has not be resolved, people follow the insturctions as requested but IT DOESN'T WORK .   Don't you tink it's about time PAYPAL sorted this once and for all. And while we are on the subject why don't you have a customer services number that isn't a high rate call charge, SAY NO TO 0870 just because you have been crafty and put the number as 08707 doesn't make it cheaper but it does show that PAYPAL are aware of this and are just trying to con the customers.

Login to Me Too

michiru_chuu

I have the same problem. I want my limits lift. How long does it take? I uploded the documents.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.