Limits Still In Place?

blingblings
New Community Member

As far as I'm aware, my account is verified and I've followed all the steps to lift the limits on my account, but there's still a £1,700 yearly limit. I've trawled the Help section, but to no avail.

How DO you lift the limits?

Login to Me Too
147 REPLIES 147

charlespocock

I'm close to giving up on PayPal.

I am treasurer of Harpenden Lions Club. We have a PP a/c in order to sell admission, via the internet,  to various fundraising events which we run.

The Club is not incorporated so we don't have a company number. We are not a registered charity so we don't have a charity number. We are a charitable service organisation; one Club out of thousands around the World affiliated to the International Association of Lions Clubs.

Repeating an identical query by PP earlier in the year I am again told that because our income via PP is approaching some arbitrary limit allegedly imposed by the EU PP has to ask for our company number. So I attempt to fax them with an answer. - Their fax is down.

Instead I've sent them a Jpeg of my Fax and a copy of one of our club's bank statements. We'll see if this encourages them to be satisfied that my Club is not involved in money laundering..

I almost wish we were. Then there would be some material monies to disburse to the worthy causes we support rather than the, frankly, de minimis amounts which accrue from the activity I mention above.

CFP

Login to Me Too

MAPG
Contributor
Contributor

I wrote them another e-mail. And got another standard e-mail back. Not answering the question when my receiving limit will be raised. I almost never complain, but running a fundraiser and not being able to receive money because the limit is not lifted even though I have sent all the needed info, passport scan, bank statement scan. Do I need to send more, driving licence scan, utility bill scan?

When will my limit be lifted?

Login to Me Too

Bill_Toulas
Contributor
Contributor

To all of you who are left with a stagnated status like I was, I will share what I did in order to help you. 

If you send an email to paypal you will probably never receive anything other than an automated response. If you call them, you will most probably get help, but this would cost too much. I created a twitter account and send a direct message to AskPayPal. The kind people there helped me and my account status was back to normal in a few hours. They even send a direct message to me stating that I should have gotten a confirmation email by now. Many thanks!

If I can accuse PayPal of anything, it is the fact that they are not officially suggesting this process. Why is that, I don't know 🙂

Login to Me Too

briski
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a merchant account for about a year now.

I've done all the steps to lift the limits but still have a withdrawl limit.

I'm afraid of actually receiving any money because of the limits in place. I can't afford to have money locked to my paypal account and not be able to send it to my bank account.

Can something be done about this? 

Best regards

Login to Me Too

SJJ1
New Community Member

My account is limited due to restrictions - have done everything am so annoyed . Please lift limits and let me withdraw my funds. witholding my funds is theft.

Login to Me Too

hi my paypal account is limited i can not send recieve or pay for anything using my account ive done all the things asked to unlimmit my account such as requesting a phone call .. paypal have not once called me. i called them i was on hold and talking to a computer for over 20 minutes which to my supprise took £15 in credit on my phone every street i go down is just a dead end.. how can i unlimmit my account!!!

Login to Me Too

Miss-Ponn
Contributor
Contributor

I'm confused. I've done everything to lift it but the last thing.

http://gyazo.com/55c99ed6e9c36ae0a4c6476bba68b02a

everytime I click on the last link I get the message "more account information required"

But how can I if it won't let me? The first time I clicked it I typed in my information (all correct) and no I can't do anything??

I just want this limit lifted. I have a business I need to run and it's impossible to do so with limits like this. I had a limit last year which resulted in them banning my bank card use online everywhere except amazon all because they thought i wasn't 18 (I had actually created the account 2 months after my 18th birthday)

I do not want this to happen again. I couldn't use my card or buy anything online for around 3 years. I called paypal everyday and all they asked for were bank statements and I sent so many I lost count. In the end someone simply fixed it and told me to make a new account (this one) and it was great, up until now.

PLEASE answer this. Please lift my account limits as I also have to pay for things I've purchased!

Login to Me Too

biomedigital
Contributor
Contributor

Like countless other people I have this ridiculous account limits error! I am a registered business and have been varified and using this account for over 1 year!

All my steps are ticked green, like others say, only a "cancel" button is there. I can't do anything else.

Alll my emails have been ignored or an automated responce that does not help. Talk about banging your head against the wall!

I have now sent a formal complaint to paypal which they will have to deal with. I suggest everyone else does the same.

Looking for alternative payment processor now, thats what Paypal is ment to be, not the bloody Mafia!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.