Cannot pay with my balance and PayPal attempts to take cash from my cards.

adrianTNT
Contributor
Contributor

I have 244 $ (180 Eur) in my PayPal balance, and I am trying to make a payment of 164 Eur.

The payment page asks me what card I want to use, If I continue like that it says that it failed to take cash from my card, I don't want PayPal to take more money from me, I want to pay with what I am supposed to have in the PayPal account.

I sent an email 2 days ago and I got no reply, I did get the confirmation message. If any representative wants to have a look, this is my issue id:

Questions About Payments and Funding VV44REXGE (KMM52108452V8773L0KM) :ppEU

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Dian

Hi AdrianTNT,

Thank you for posting. I cannot provide you with any personal details here on the forum, I would advise you to call us for that. I apologize that you did not get a response on your email yet. 

I understand that you have a balance but you cannot make a payment. There can be several reasons why the payment is being stopped. It would be best if you have a verified PayPal account. You can do this by adding a bank or card and confirming this, This does not mean that we will not use your balance for a payment, but if you are verified it means that an extra check has been completed :). 

If you would like more information on why the payment is being stopped I would advise you to call us on our toll free number. You can find this by clicking on 'contact us' at the bottom of each page. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

adrianTNT
Contributor
Contributor

My account is verified and in good order, two valid cards on file.

Still no reply to my ticket (4 days now).

I called PayPal, robot voice was clear and told me to wait for an agent, then static noise started louder and louder untill I could not hear your "waiting" music anymore, I hang up.

Second try I got an agent, told me she is not sure what causes my problem but recommended to convert a balance amount to EUR, told me to wait to be transfered and she hang up the phone 🙂 (yes, I am sure).

Then from my USD balance I created an EUR balance and this fixed my problem, now the checkout page shows "paypal balance, then cards" as founding sources. 

It used to do this automatically but not anymore it seems, the checkout page should have informed me about this.

Edit: silly me I thought this was just a glitch, but you don't see many bugs like these at such big companies, this is more like an intentional bug/glitch and what it actually causes is for me to add more funds into paypal without paypal sending the money they have in their accounts. How convenient for PayPal 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.