Cancel 'pending' payment

mfmb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item which was said to be available on the webpage at the time of ordering.

I was subsequently advised the item was no longer available.

The amount (cost) is listed is pending on my account.

I should like to cancel this as I have looked elsewhere for the item

How do i cancel the 'pending' account?

mfmb

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

I see you have not had a response from any of our members to date.

If the refund has already completed you will need to contact the buyer and request they send the payment again. This would be the only option in this situation.

-David R

Login to Me Too

rufus_bp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have an issue with a PayPal payment for £11,700 for an Ebay item that I didn't purchase. Not sure what happened but I got an email saying I'd bought the item.

I have contacted the seller who has cancelled the Ebay purchase, the Payment is still showing as pending in my PayPal account.

I have tried to call PayPal by phone but it is very difficult to speak to any one, all recorded messages. Can anyone on here advise me?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rufus_bp

Is it pending unclaimed? And if so is there a cancel option??

If not then call again but this time don't select any options, just stay quiet OR say the word agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rufus_bp
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the reply. I managed to get through to someone in the end and it's been sorted out now. Due to the value of the transaction it was good to get it sorted out.
Login to Me Too

JKAV25
New Community Member

I Cancelled My Auto-Renewal for a program but the pending still shows up. Will it still take the money out or not?

Login to Me Too

tjelicic

How can i cancel pending payment? 

They charged my card for more than it was shown on their page and i want to cancel it before they receive the money!!

It's friday and my bank is not working so i can't call them. Is there option on your site to cancel payment?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.