Cancel 'pending' payment

mfmb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item which was said to be available on the webpage at the time of ordering.

I was subsequently advised the item was no longer available.

The amount (cost) is listed is pending on my account.

I should like to cancel this as I have looked elsewhere for the item

How do i cancel the 'pending' account?

mfmb

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a company the money is always pending until the company process your order and collect the payment.

If they don't the pending status will bug out at around 30 days.

However if you phone your funding source ie bank or c.c. and tell them you don't need those pending funds now they should release them back to your funding source. If they have not been taken then you need do nothing. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a company the money is always pending until the company process your order and collect the payment.

If they don't the pending status will bug out at around 30 days.

However if you phone your funding source ie bank or c.c. and tell them you don't need those pending funds now they should release them back to your funding source. If they have not been taken then you need do nothing. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Austin77
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot to update my new card details so when I made a payment to Wowcher, as ud expect, it didn't go thru... But instead of saying failed transaction it says pending??? Any chance you know why it would be pending not failed? Thanx in advance for any advice
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Austin77,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

When you bought your item, you authorised a PayPal payment to the merchant. Your merchant will usually then attempt to capture the payment over the period of a couple of days.

If the status is ‘Pending’ in your transaction history and the authorisation is denied, it means that no funds are being held, the merchant was unable to capture the payment and the order will expire after the couple of days.

I hope this helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

PetraL

I went thru process of ordering something and once I clicked to pay via paypal, the whole process didnt take. Paypal took my money to hold as if it was a proper order but when i contacted merchant they had no record of the order.. I therefore ordered again NOT using paypal and all worked fine.    That paypent is stuck in limbo with no real order to attach to 🙂 therefore stuck in pending mode. Its been 16 days so far. Why cant we cancel it?

Login to Me Too

maier
Contributor
Contributor

Hey my account shows that pending now. and i contacted the merchant they also told me they had no record of the order. so haw can i cancelled my payment and get my money back?

Login to Me Too

FadiGG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I am having the same problem since I placed an order with the Home depot Cashstar for an egift card for 95 dollars. I keep contacting paypal and they are absolutly no help, whenever I talk to someone there wether they tell me the pending payment will be released in no time, or some other non sence about paying with a credit card, and I paid with my paypal balance,  and it has been held since the 6th. the merchant did not capture the payment since they canceled the trasaction. I need my money back since this transaction failed for no good reason.

Login to Me Too

Marcus5
New Community Member
I placed an e gift card order for old navy on November 20th 2016 I got an email saying they were not able to process the order and it was cancelled on the same day by cash star for the old navy e gift card. I called pay pal several times telling them the order could not be processed and it has been over 30 days and pay pay still has it as a pending authorization after they told me it would be released after 30 days
Login to Me Too

yamkagoku

wrong, I have a state of "pending" one week, the money have  binding force  from Paypal, but not removed from my account.

vi need the help. how i can  to change this situation?

Eleni

Login to Me Too

Focus101
New Community Member

I only have one question; why? Why can't we as a customer be the guide of our own 'mistakes' or unfortunate results of may be excitement or may be desperate. But the clue is, why can we not cancel our own pendings? It doesn't make any sense cause the mercher has even more work on it when he has to try it out for X amount to see if them can get the money while the customer is 100% sure they will not pay cause they never inteded to. 

PLEASE change this, I mean how hard can it be to create a smooth payment system in this time of age?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.