Limited account - how do I get through to someone who can resolve issues

iambazza

First of all Id like to appologise for the length of this post, but it is important to note how long this has been going on for and the contradiction shown by paypal. After receiving confirmation (the first time) that everything had been restored I organised for money to be claimed from my bank account. these DDs will now probably fail due to these issues.

On Mon 09/04/2012 I received an email from paypal stating that I have to provide further information. I was told this could be done via a link in the resolution centre

The next day I replied asking if it was neccassary as I was emigrating (why there where so many ebay sales and that all the sales where done and that there was no link. I got this reply

'Thank you for responding to our requests to further verify your customer information. As we cannot lift the EU-Receiving Limit on your PayPal account until all requirements have been met, we would appreciate your help with completing the steps below, so that we can review your account further.'

I sent back the same day

'Now Im really confussed. Its states that I have provided all the information needed and I cant see anywhere to upload a statement in the resolution section.

I should also point out that I am emigrating to Australia in under a week (hense the mass of ebay sales) so am finding the extra stress that this is causing me unacceptable. Please provide me with DETAILED instructions to do what is required?

Many thanks'

I got no reply so I end it again on the 23rd On the 24th I got

'We have completed our review, and as you have completed all the required steps, we have restored your account.

We would also like to thank you for your patience and cooperation during this process.

Yours sincerely,

Mickael

PayPal'

So Then authorised payment

'You asked us to transfer 315.00 GBP from your PayPal balance to your bank account, and we're processing it now. It usually takes 2-3 working days for transfers like this to be processed, so you should see the money in your bank account by 27 Apr 2012. Please refer to the PayPal User Agreement (accessible via the Legal Agreements footer on most pages on www.paypal.co.uk) for further information.'

The same day I then got

'We need your help resolving an issue with your account. To give us time to work together on this, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your account until the issue is resolved.

We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible.

What's the problem?

We want to make sure that no one has logged in to your account without your

permission.  

Please take a moment to change your password and create new security questions. You should also take a look at your account information and recent transactions. Make sure that your account information (address, phone number, etc) hasn't changed. You can do all of this by selecting the profile link in the header on the Account Overview page.

If you see a payment that you don't recognise, let us know by going to the Resolution Centre. Click "Dispute a Transaction" to report an unauthorised transaction.

Reference Number: XXXXXXXXX

How you can help

It's usually quite straightforward to take care of these things. Most of the time, we just need some more information about your account or latest transactions.

To help us with this and to find out what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the Resolution Centre.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal'

I can only assume this is because Im accessing my account from Australia (even though Paypal were told)

I was made to change my password and then got hit again by my account being limited

'To assist us in our review, please log in to your account at www.paypal.co.uk. You will see a message explaining why your account has been restricted, with details of what to do next.'

Once again I replied stating that the resolution centre stated that I had provided everything so there wasnt a way for me to provide the information.

the reply I got was

'Dear XXXXXXXX

We're sorry, but we cannot restore full access to your account until we receive additional information.

- Your driving licence or passport. Please make the copy as large and as light as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Transaction details

----------------------------------------------------------------

Case Number: XXXXXXXX

This completly ignored my question. So I had to call from Australia which cost me £10. I spoke to someone who added the ability to add a photo ID. I asked if anything else was required and was told catagorically no, that is all that is required.

So I got.

'Dear XXXXXXX

We have completed our review, and as you have completed all the required steps, we have restored your account.

We would also like to thank you for your patience and cooperation during this process.

Yours sincerely,

Alan

PayPal Account Review Department'

All good, so I tranfered the money again. I then got

'Dear XXXXXXXX

We're sorry, but we cannot restore full access to your account until we receive additional information.

- A current utility bill. The bill must show your name and address exactly as they appear in your PayPal account.

- Your driving licence or passport. Please make the copy as large and as light as possible.

Case Number: XXXXXXXXX

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP. THIS IS RIDULOUS! NOBODY IS LISTERNING TO THE ISSUES BEING CAUSED BY PAYPAL.

I am soo angry at paypal not dealing with this issue. they dont bother reading any questions you make. I send a message saying that there is nothing to allow me to provide the information in the resolution centre and I get told to look in the resolution centre. the customer service is a joke.

(post has been edited to remove personal information)

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

deriver69
New Community Member

I am having precisely the same problem, I sent some money to a relative via paypal and it resulted in her account being limited and essentially $900 being frozen. Paypal also charged us for the privilege of freezing this amount of money and there seems noway of getting the amount back.

At the moment the steps we are going through are to seek legal advice and writing to our MP in the UK as Paypal are not just useless and will not listen but have effectively stolen $900. What is worse they actually took their cut of charges as well.

I am sure if there is a balance there must be a law being broken if they hold funds.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi iambazza, 

I have edited your post to comply with guidelines. I have tried to leave most of your post and just edited out the personal information. 

It does sound like you have reached your receiving limit on your PayPal account. Once you have reached this limit we must ask you to complete certain steps on your account to comply with EU regulations. 

Can you please repost and let me know if this has been resolved for you. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

christie1
Contributor
Contributor

I find that I'm having similair problems.  go to withdraw funds to my bank and There’s a problem with your PayPal account. Please go to the resolution center so we can help you resolve this quickly. ??? go to resolution and there is nothing there for me to do I do not have a dispute with another vendor?  Just want my funds 

So then I go to check verifications............fully verified and 

Sending

Your sending limit has been removed.

Completed
Withdrawal

• Bank account: Your withdrawal limit has been removed

So now what?  leave messages but nobody returns them?  Any tips out there?

Login to Me Too

Shonagh
New Community Member
I am also having problems. PayPal have limited my account. The required information was submitted over two weeks ago and I have had no communication from PayPal despite sending multiple emails. This is very poor customer service and is impacting heavily on my startup company. Can anyone advise?
Login to Me Too

orion128
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have a solution Shonagh?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.