Cancel 'pending' payment

mfmb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item which was said to be available on the webpage at the time of ordering.

I was subsequently advised the item was no longer available.

The amount (cost) is listed is pending on my account.

I should like to cancel this as I have looked elsewhere for the item

How do i cancel the 'pending' account?

mfmb

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Focus101, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member. 

When the payment is made and placed in a pending status the order is sent to the Merchant. When the merchant confirms stock is not available the pending payment is supposed to be cancelled. We are aware that this does not always happen. 

I have passed your feedback onto our Payment Operations Team and this change may be made available to customers down the line. 

Thanks - Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Jasminda
New Community Member

I see lots of complaints regarding pending payments but no replies from paypal organisation. I shall not be attaching any banking details until the pending has been removed.

Login to Me Too

Mins530
New Community Member

I have 2 pending payments of £4.95 each to the same company for exactly the same service. Obviously I must have clicked the button twice and ended up ordering a duplicate. I made this application 12 months ago and the company is using last year's order as a continuing one - which I do not want. I want to cancel the pending orders. How do I do that, please ? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Mins530,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Sorry to hear about the issue with your two pending orders.

Don't worry, you should be able to get them cancelled once you get in touch with the seller and explain the situation to them. The seller will need to cancel the duplicate orders from their own PayPal account.

Otherwise, the orders will be automatically cancelled after 30 days. If you do have any issues or further concerns, please let us know.

Sophie

Login to Me Too

mfmb
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you - as expected payment has 'expired' MB

Login to Me Too

Povdore
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sophie,
Hope you can help me with this:

My online order at FragranceNet.com was cancelled after money from my debit card were taken , so now 4 days passed, transaction is still pending, and I tried to open a dispute but it says wrong transaction number O-4JK29192XJ4216148. How can I get money back to My debit card ?
Thanks for help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Povdore,

It sounds to me like this is an order that was placed with FragranceNet.com. In this case the merchant has 29 days to capture the order. If you wish to cancel an order you must contact the merchant to do so. It is not possible to cancel an order from your PayPal account.

If the merchant does not take payment, an order will automatically be cancelled after 29 days and will have the status of ‘Void’ in your History Log.

Let us know how you get on!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Grace95
New Community Member

Hi, 

I have recently just tried to purchase an order online which says it did not go through on the website, however I now have pending funds in my PayPal account. How do I cancel this as I do not want to lose this money? If I leave it for 4 working days will the money just automatically just go back into my account?

Thank you for the help!

Grace

Login to Me Too

issie
New Community Member

my last 3 payments that i have tried to put in to  my bank account, from my paypal account  have all been (PENDING). why are paypal doing this, i have used the same bank account since i joined paypal 8  years ago. I'm so angry that they are stopping me from getting my money, and having to wait 72 hours to get my own money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its more likely to happen if you withdraw over a weekend / bank holiday.

Also its more likely to happen if you withdraw a payment at a time rather than eg x1 per week.

Also it does state the 2 hour time band is not guaranteed and it can take up to 72 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.