Cancel 'pending' payment

mfmb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item which was said to be available on the webpage at the time of ordering.

I was subsequently advised the item was no longer available.

The amount (cost) is listed is pending on my account.

I should like to cancel this as I have looked elsewhere for the item

How do i cancel the 'pending' account?

mfmb

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

AVBng1

can i cancel a pending payment?

Login to Me Too

kimmi
Contributor
Contributor
I accidentally got the sellers email wrong and I was able to cancel but I want to know how many days til my money shows up in my account? It didn't say how many days it would take for it to send the money back, all it said was it was sent, but when I check my account it shows nothing.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi kimmi,

When you cancel the payment it is like when a refund is issued normally. How long the money will take to go back to you depends on how you paid. If you paid with a card the money will go there and it will take 3-5 working days. If you paid with your balance it will go straight back and if you used your bank it will also be added to your balance as soon as the original transaction clears from your bank. 

I hope this helps,

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

mindis

Hi i have a problem ,i make 2 execly same orders from one seller and now its on pending ,how can i cancel that proces both ...i send the email to seler i explane him i dont want to his product, whait 3 days nothing..please help me...its about 250 puonds...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Minis,

I would recommend getting in touch with our customer service team so we can have a look at this for you. If the payments are still pending the seller might not yet realise there are two.

You can reach us by phone or email by clicking 'conact' at the bottom of any PayPal page.  We are also on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK and on Twitter @AskPayPal . 

I hope we can help.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Andy781
New Community Member

I made a payment to Dell UK ( im in thailand ) 279 pounds the money has left my bank account & the payment is pending ,  talked to dell & they said they had no order , so how on earth do i get my money back ??? if it was a small amount I would not be so bothered buts nearly 300 pounds , and calling Dell is hard from Bangkok as is Paypal 

Login to Me Too

MECHANIC013
Contributor
Contributor

NOT SAFE AT ALL PAYPAL WILL ALWAYS SIDE WITH THE PARTY FOR THE $39.99 FEE, IF THEY SIDE WITH THE BUYER, THEY DON'T GET PAID! PAYPAL IS NOT SAFE!

Login to Me Too

Toml01
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased two different items. I paid and forgot I only have a bank account tied to my Paypal account. You'd figure bank account transactions would be instant, but that's another rant.

Now it says payment is pending until 5 days from now. I've since added a credit card/debit card to my account. How can I cancel this transaction and make my payment quicker? I'm ready to pay now with instant money! But Paypal is not.

Help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > PayPal credit the seller for you and then PayPal take the wait for the funds to transfer to PayPal via electronic transfer = 5-7 days.

This is done so you get your item more quickly. 

But they only do that if you have a backup card linked to PayPal as well.  

If not it goes as an echeque and this time it's you that has to wait for it to clear, 

You can't cancel a pending echeque but your seller can,  ask them to do this >>>

Go to Account Overview > History > Find the relevant payment > Details > Cancel Payment under ‘Cancel this eCheque payment’ > Review the information and include a message to buyer > Cancel Payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kortesas
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

Have a small problem. 

I sold a watch to buyer in South Africa and don't know why my postage took almost a month to get to buyer. Before postage reached buyer, I had to give a refund for him. As we both started thinking that postage was lost. Thing is that when I gave a refund, I did not have money on my paypal account and payment is pending since june 6. Yesterday buyer contacted and told me that he received watch. How can I cancel pending refund?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.