Account restriction when buying on Ebay

Cimmerian
New Community Member

Help!

I won an auction on Ebay but was unable to pay as Paypal restricted my account without any explanation. I had no problem with funding or anything like that.

Eventually the seller decided to relist the itme as he was not prepared (quite understandably) to accept payment outside of the Paypal system.

How do I tell whether or not this will happen again?

I would like to buy something off Ebay but do not want the same problem to happen again!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Bean_Keith
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, i'm currently trying t pay for something, only a coupld of pounds, on ebay and it says my account is restricted, but nothing is coming up in the resolution center (as in, i have NO open cases) and there's no email telling me why this is happening 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey guys,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are facing difficulties when trying to send money from your account or if you are being advised that your account is restricted, you should try contacting customer services directly and we can try investigating this directly on your account for you.

We can try to determine the exact reason as to why the payment did not complete and we can see what more we can do for you to ensure that this doesn't happen again when you try sending money.

Please let me know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

patchgoode
New Community Member

I have phoned customer services on numerous occasions who inform me that there is nothing wrong with my account but i still can not pay for certain items from ebay even though i am in credit in paypal, this is now getting quite serious as there dont seem to be anybody from paypal that can sort it out, and I keep getting we werent able to process your paypal payment because of restriction to your account, WHAT RESTRICTION.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Patchgoode,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried going to the Profile page on your account in order to check the card information that is registered on your account?

You should try going to the My Money section in your profile, then if you try and click Update beside your card number, you can check that your correct expiry date and CVV2 number are correctly entered on your PayPal account.

If the wrong information is showing on your PayPal account, you can update the information on your PayPal account and this should help with the payment being sent.

Please let me know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

Hislostandfound
New Community Member

Help! I won an eBay auction and PayPal can't verify me I can't even find a link to prove my identity!

Login to Me Too

thomascle55
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i have the same problem my acc ount has been restricted with out any information about it no warning my wife

bought 2 items i can not pay for i have sent messages about paying by cheque but no response yet

Login to Me Too

Maxontheisland
New Community Member

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I contacted customer service and they told me I had reached my spending limit (I hadn't). Contacted them again and was told it would be sorted out and I would be contacted when it was done. Two weeks later and still waiting! Fortunately the buyer accepted a cheque.  Account looks fine when I log in but I cannot be confidant that I will be able to pay if I buy anything else. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.