CANNOT CLOSE ACCOUNT I JUST OPENED - MANY OTHER BROKEN FEATURES - PAYPAL IS MANAGED BY IDIOTS

temp20180408
Contributor
Contributor

If you have a business which is not incorporated (d/b/a) and you use that business name on a personal PayPal account during signup, the user is not warned that it is not possible to link a personal credit card to the PayPal account if the name on the PayPal account does not match the name on the card. Once the PayPal account has been created, it is also impossible to correct this problem by changing the name or closing the account because the user interface will not allow it. It is also impossible to create a new PayPal account using the same email address. So the PayPal web site essentially contains a series of traps which make it impossible for people with a small business to use PayPal if they did not know about these secret, unwritten policies at sign-up.

This design flaw in the web site can also be exploited for malicious purposes: you could register the email address of other people and thereby prevent them from joining PayPal because PayPal does not allow you to use the same email address for two PayPal accounts. This restriction also makes it impossible for individuals with a small business (d/b/a) to separate their business and personal activities into two separate PayPal accounts for tax purposes. Who was the brain-dead idiot that invented all of these ways to make PayPal unusable?
---------

CANNOT CLOSE ACCOUNT I JUST OPENED

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/account/close

"Sorry, there's a problem. If you keep seeing this, please contact customer service."

...The problem is the website was broken by design, and the clowns who designed it need to be fired.  There is also no way to contact customer service - that's why the contact point is not given.  You cant solve the problem yourself because PayPal is too stupid to make that possible, and you cant reach customer service because PayPal is too greedy to provide it.  PayPal has a long history of deception & dishonesty, and it does not look like any effort has been made to overcome this bad reputation.  Remember, these are the thugs who tried to silence independent journalism such as WikiLeaks. They don't call this the "PayPal mafia" for nothing!

---------

"How do I close my PayPal account? Please reconsider!"

...Then stop **bleep**ing with me and let me fix the errors !!!  --When you cannot close the account yourself because the service was misrepresented, it's just another way of stealing your information, so maybe it's time to complain to the Federal Trade Commission and the California State Attorney's office.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-close-my-paypal-account-faq1215/2

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.