Can't Use Paypal Balance

LilyPeet
New Community Member

This happens randomly when buying from different online shops, but despite having a "Pay with Paypal" option, my Paypal balance is not an available choice to make for the purchase. It defaults to my bank account, and won't let me choose anything else. Is there some method to force my balance to become available, or is this just an instance of both the seller and paypal saying "We accept paypal, except not really" and forcing a credit card anyway?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LilyPeet

Have you set your balance as your funding source? May be in a slightly different place in your account for your country but try this.....

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

If that doesn't work then are you still using PAD at all?

Are the funds in your balance in the correct currency for the seller you are trying to pay?

Are the funds cleared and not pending?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.