Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,First I would ask,What is verification? it would appear PayPal has different idea's about what is verification? when you signed up to a PayPal account,what information was you asked for by PayPal?was there a limit on how much you could send and receive? if you have a monthly limit? are you satisfied with your limit?if so,Why lift your limit? if you have given what PayPal asked for originally? what's the problem?if you have given PayPal your details as asked for,then what's the problem? it seems to me the Only way this problem is going to be solved,is by someone taking Court action against PayPal?once PayPal has YOUR money,it seems they can hold you to ransom?

Login to Me Too

Pamela81
Contributor
Contributor

You got it!!! They are putting us all at a disadvantage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Pamela81
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, Girls and boys lets see if I got this all right..SO you spend some money on Ebay and after a while, you get this "lovely" email that you are "Close to YOur Spending Limit"....Ok...follow so far? Then, they cut ya off and you cant pay your Ebay Seller because all of a sudden your card you used for years is NO GOOD TO THEM..

So you are then take n hostage to to get "Verified"....They want a bank account or you can open a account for THEIR Master Carf...(I am feeling chains around me already).....Is this right>>>?? This holds up your purchases until your back clears the check..Oh, and then, if you apply for their Master Card, they deny you, and say you can app;y in another whole month....Do I STILL got this right???????????

What the heck - these guys are hurting Ebay and other sellers - people, I am sure, are totally frustrated...! And NO ONE can give you a educated answer on the phone....HELP!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Pamela81
Contributor
Contributor

Yes- someone else who encountered the same thing.....!!!!!!!!!! I dont understand..I had the same card for YEARS and only used for Ebay - then all of a sudden - opoof-they cut me off and siad I have to get Verified...What the heck? I dont even hardly make many purchased, but when I do, I dont want to give bank information, even to Pay PAl..THen when I called they said to apply for THEIR card - (God, it gets better) and then they denied it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

YoungHaze619

I Dont Trust PayPal No More...

They want Our Info...

I Think Theyre Going To Want Us To Let Them Know Every Time We Take A **bleep**,That Includes Start And End Time,And The Times Whe Whipped....

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All you lucky PayPal users? I am a UK user of eBay/PayPal,buyer And seller,I have been for a number of years,closed my PayPal account in dec.2010,told by eBay I had to re-open my PayPal account to sell on eBay,okay,PayPal had my Bank details,credit card details,sold a number of items,then when I asked for My Money.told by PayPal I had to open a Direct Debit account with them,had gone over my Limit?I had  exactly the same problem in 2007,took PayPal to court,PayPal settled out of Court,taking PayPal to court again,should be interesting?I will Not settle out of court this time,I have had enough,PayPal Stated I have Not complied with the PayPal user agreement? I state PayPal has Not complied with the EU.PSD(payment service directive)which States,PayPal CANNOT withhold My Money for longer than 24 hours,should be interesting,when this claim gets to Court,Are you reading this PayPal? Lets see what you are made of,see you in Court,if you dare?

Login to Me Too

Lindacat
Contributor
Contributor

I'm waiting on pins and needles for your court results. I hope you win and really teach PayPal a lesson. Sadly, you've been through this before and PayPal didn't learn how to treat honest, long standing customers back then. I doubt it will phase them this time either, but good luck anyhow.

Login to Me Too

e_clipse
Contributor
Contributor

Here is why I won't register my bank account. I keep things limited to my small credit card.

Maybe PayPal won't INTENTIONALLY release information (no guarantees on that) but this stuff does happen:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2011/06/17/pei-lulzsec-personal-internet-ac...

Facebook, PayPal logins released by hackers

The hacker group Lulz Security is claiming it released log-in information for 62,000 private internet accounts Thursday, including Facebook, PayPal, dating sites, Xbox Live and Twitter. The list is mostly American accounts but includes hundreds of Canadians, including a CBC journalist from Prince Edward Island, and employees of all three levels of government, including provincial public servants in Alberta, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island and at least one municipal worker in Whitehorse. Who's on the list CBC reporter Laura Chapin pored through the list and found more than 100 email addresses ending in .ca in the top sixth of the list, including: * Federal government workers from Service Canada, Passport Canada, and Public Safety Canada. * Provincial government workers in Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Alberta, including at least one from the P.E.I. Department of Justice and Public Safety. * Municipal government workers from several cities, including Whitehorse. * Dozens of personal addresses. Canadians may also be included among the email addresses that don't end in .ca. The list shows that the most common password is 123456, which shows up almost 600 times. Another very common password is "romance." Other countries whose citizens were hacked include the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil.

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi my claim is not about teaching PayPal a lesson,its about the attack by PayPal on my Integrity,they claim I have exceeded my PayPal limit? which I will challenge in my local County Court, PayPal ask's its user's to comply with the PayPal user agreement? that's strong coming from a company that  has refused to comply with the European Commission and the PSD(payment service directive) Articles 69. Payment transactions to a payment account.

1.Member States shall require the payment service provider(PayPal) to ensure that,after the point in time of receipt in accordance with Article 64,the amount of the payment transaction is credited to the payee's payment service providers account at the LATEST by the end of the next business day.

Article 55. Limits of the use of the paymenty instrument.

1.In cases whare a specific payment instrument is used for the purpose of giving consent,the payer and his payment service provider may agree on spending limits for payment transactions executed through that payment instrument.

2.If agreed in the framework contract,the payment service provider may reserve the right to block the payment instrument for objectively justied REASONS to the security of the payment instrument,the suspicion of unathorised or fraudulent use  of the payment instrument or,in the case of a payment instrument with a credit line,a significantly increased risk that the payer may be unable to fulfil his liabilty to pay.

3.in such cases the payment service provider shall inform the payer of the blocking of the payment instrument and the reasons for it in an agreed manner,where possible,before the payment instrument is blocked and at the reasons or is prohibited by the other relevant Community or national legislation.

4.The payment service provider shall UNBLOCK the payment instrument or replace it with a new payment instrument once the reasons for blocking no longer exist.

Those regulations only apply  to Europe. There are a lot more,but PayPal as a Payment Service Provider,will be aware of those European Regulations.

Login to Me Too

Pamela81
Contributor
Contributor

TOO much information - It is NONE of their business - and they are abusing the people who have used their services faithfully for all these years - SHAME on THEM

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.