Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi So you think your PayPal account is closed,Read on.PayPal Privacy Policy. If you close your PayPal account.we will mark your account as closed.BUT will keep your account information in our DataBase.so no matter what you buy.Sell Bank account.credit card.debit card, information,ALL that info is Stored on the PayPal Database. So be warned.

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ALL you eBay users,it would appear eBay is the Daddy and PayPal is the Mummy,if you dont do what Mummy tells you(verifaction)Mummy will give you a slap,come on,get a life,do you really need all that Nonsense? So many sad people out there.

Login to Me Too

Pamela81
Contributor
Contributor

I have JUST ABOUT HAD IT with these People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First I have to get "verified" then I apply for their stupid card and they DENY ME?????? I am sooo frustrated!

Login to Me Too

ramttank
Contributor
Contributor

You all out there whom do not want to get "verified".

After you refused to get verified, they will allow you to make  few purchases more and then block the payment when you attempt to pay to seller ( once purchase is almost completed).

I refused to get verified, provide my info and get their card under no circumstances. I was "verified" with a previous bank account and had problems that paypal did not even bother to respond to...

Login to Me Too

cm624
New Community Member

A month ago I gave my bank acct #s. You sent me something by email and I didn't comply with whatever it was.  This month I am trying to give my bank acct #s again, but your message says "you cannot use this bank again to verify"   I am not verified and this is the only bank acct I have and I entered the #s 3 different times and they are correct #s!  What do I do? I had to pay the $1.75 credit card fee this month, and I don't like that at all. 

Login to Me Too

Sverigemex34
New Community Member

I agree with all the posts listed here.  I have an account with PayPal that is paid through my credit card.  My credit card is connected to my bank account so I see no reason to give any of my bank account information -- it is superfluous to say the least.  I have never had a problem with PalPal until now.  I have only less than one hundred dollars until I reach my limit.  I can understand having a limit to safeguard all involved but, then they should verify by your past history and review and update your credit card information or whatever way you have paid in the past.

Login to Me Too

jojosha
Contributor
Contributor

The verification thing has absolutely nothing to do with security and has everything to do with $$$.  Sellers and vendors use PayPal so they don't have to set up merchant accounts with credit card companies for infrequent, one-time, or seasonal purchases.  Eseentially, they just need a bank account for PayPal to deposit their funds (less the fees that the credit card company charges them and a little more for PayPal's "troubles").  Because PayPal deals in volume, they can negotiate lower rates than the individual vendors could.  This is how they do business.  I know this because I work for a similar company.  By forcing "verification", they will either withdraw from your checking/savings or have you use a co-branded credit card, in which case they will get to keep more of the fee charged to the vendor/seller.  (BTW, therein lies the difference in our companies, we don't do direct withdrawals or have our own credit card),  PayPal is not a friend of the buyer.  Really, do you care if you use your credit card through PayPal or directly through the seller (assuming secure server, etc.)? 

While there are tricks, such as "losing your card", those are a pain, especially if you do have some auto-charges on your account (I'd have to contact numerous utilities, etc. to have the card # changed.  The best answer is to get your vendors to revolt.

Update - the vendor with whom I have primarily used PayPal (or at least is most responsbile for me getting near my limit) is switching to Google Checkout soon.  Encourage your vendors to do the same.

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi it would appear most of the comments regards verification are coming from America? they State they have a Limit of $10,000? in the UK I am told I have a £600.GBP Limit,what can I do about it? just cease trading with PayPal? Just cease Trading with eBay? its up to the people who use these companies,No Sellers,No Buyers,is it worth the Hasle? I would say NO.it will only get worse,take my word for it,lots of Money laundering regulations,lots of fraud on the iternet, give it a lot of thought,and then say,was it worth it?

Login to Me Too

millhouse731
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has put in this arbitrary lifetime sending limit of  $10,000 and then they have people come on and give advice that "Paypal is not for everyone.  Just Move On! "  Come on, Paypal can do better than that.  I have been doing business on Ebay for 8 years and now Paypal is telling me i can send no more money after i reach 10,000.  People that buy and sell could care less if you are verified.   I have never heard anyone say that  i would bid on your auction, but wait a second, you're not verified.  I think your EBAY feedback tells the story if you are one not to be trusted.  The reason Paypal is  giving for this verification  is ridiculous.  And why set a limit at   $10,000?   I haven't heard a good explanation for this either.   Let's reward your longtime customers by shutting off their spending power unless they give  us what we want.

Login to Me Too

yoshi1960
Contributor
Contributor

I agree completely. They are holding your payments hostage until they get your bank account info. They would prefer to draw the funds directly from your bank account than to have pay the fee to the credit card company.  In order to get around their demands, everyone just sets up a "dummy" bank account with a small amount of money in it that they never intend to use just to satisfy Paypal. It's just a huge inconvenience for their loyal customers. It stinks. Now my bank won't let them verify electronically (probably because it looks like "phishing") so they want to play the "we'll deposit two small amounts and you verify them and....blah blah blah. In the meantime, your sellers want to know where their payments are.  I wish there was a way to make the payments through another company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.