Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

It's ALL bad now, isn't it? Everyone primarily offers Pal Pal as means to pay. I always just go down one line to "I don't have a Pay Pal acct and want to use credit card". Then it directs me to another page that says "Wait ! we show you DO have a PP account. Would you like to use it?". I select NO. Then it takes me to yet another page and offers Bill Me Later, which I have nothing against YET, even though it is owned by Pal Pal.

Login to Me Too

Wasaboiii
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I got a balance of $15 and I want to pay on ebay, but my dad wont let me use his CC, so will the bill shows my purchase of item or since it is my balance, they wont show it?

Login to Me Too

butchzach
New Community Member

I agree, I will simply let my PayPal account expire; I WILL NOT put my bank account on any electronic transaction company, which is why I use a credit card for online purchase! I have been a trusted PayPay customer for years and now that I reach $10K they don’t trust me?? 

Login to Me Too

sailfar
Contributor
Contributor

I'm posting an Anti-Trust violation complaint with the FTC and urge others to do the same.   (I'm referring to denying service to all credit cards other than their own, or requiring sensitive bank data).

I see that no Paypal admins have ever posted to this thread, so I don't think it's an important issue to them.  Perhaps enough official complaints to the FTC will actually get their attention.

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
Great idea. I found the call center to be a waste of time. Just a bunch of dumb answers. I won't comment about the operators. Note too.. eBay owns Pay Pal. eBay should tell you up front that a condition of use is that you must get their credit card. Guess what..if they did this most people would blow them off. You have to be brain dead to provide them with you bank account info. Stay the course.
Login to Me Too

rukdngme
New Community Member

Never really used paypal much except for ebay. I wanted to sell some things so I started listing them on ebay, after one listing, a message said that I had to verify paypal info by listing my bank acct info or get one of Paypal's credit cards. I already have a credit card and I am NOT going to give them my bank account info so some hacker or Paypal can take my money. Paypal is absurd! I did however create a separate checking acct with $25 to go through with their request and I got to a page where I had to confirm the account info. I had a bad feeling about this. Not only do they want your routing number and bank account number, but you can't confirm the account without providing them with your freaking bank login information (password, login name, etc). Can you believe the nerve! WTH. They have lost their mind and I am afraid they will shortly lose business also!! I am no lawyer or part of a government regulatory agency, but I am sure that these "new" practices are illegal.

Login to Me Too

butchzach
New Community Member

If I have my bank account and credit card tied to PayPal, why use PayPal.  The whole value proposition what that I didn’t need to have my bank account  or Credit Card out there in many different places in Cyber Space. . .I will NOT have my bank account tied to any electronic processing company. . it’s goes against all Cyber security measures. . . if they hack a Credit Card the damage is limited. . they hack my bank account as well it is catastrophic. .  .

Login to Me Too

fernandouser01
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem that everyone here. I always used my unverified PayPal account to pay for things that I bought on Ebay and other stores. Last week I did a payment and everything worked fine, but yesterday I was trying to do another payment but I saw the message that I should add a credit card to complete the payment.
I always paid my bills right with this account, I never used a credit card or reached the limit, now I need pay my bills, I have the money to pay but PayPal don't let me.
I'll need to contact the store where I bought my stuff to see if they can extend the payment date until I solve this issue.
My friend's account also have this **bleep** problem.

BTW, anyone know that if I create another unverified account I'll have the same problems or not? Because I don't want make other and don't be able to use the money that I have on it again.

Login to Me Too

Lindacat
Contributor
Contributor

I read someone else's recent post who was having the same problems. They said they called PayPal support and was told to close their account and open a new one, then they'd start with a new 10000 limit. They did it and PayPal's system matched the info to their old records so they still can't buy or sell without getting verified. All this honest, legit buying and selling seems to count for nothing. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

fernandouser01
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I tried to make other account to see what happens and for my surprise, the limit is 0,00 if you don't add a card.

I also sent a email to paypal asking if there is any way to still using an unverified account, but they said that they had changed their policies and that now everyone needs a verified account. Smiley Sad

@cathyvice: eBay owns paypal, so it's all the same thing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.