Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

bebull
New Community Member

I certainly don't want to be "verified" either.   No one gets that information.  No one!    It is not necessary to prevent fraud as they are saying.  Unless this policy is changed I will no longer be using paypal to accept payments or make purchases. 

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

I actually called them on the phone, and learned they had taken $ 100.00 from my bank account, for their own bank account (imagine the interest they earn from doing this to millions!) without notifying me that their methodology had changed to this!! I went to buy something that cost $ 139.00 and was told it exceeded the amount in my Pay Pal account. ExCUSE ME??! I don't have a Pal Pal account; I select where i want the funds taken from ; my bank account or a credit card on file. I had noticed that, suddenly, I was not being given that option anymore; so I simply stopped using Pal Pal.

They did NOT notify me of this new change. I demanded they return $ 100.00 to my bank account and told them (personally) I would not be using their services anymore. It's one thing to undertake a change in methodology, but it's quite another not to be given the option to opt in or out. I was furious!!

Login to Me Too

RichardL
Contributor
Contributor

RE: $10,000 lifetime spending limit and "Verification" issue

1) Ebay owns PayPal (I don't use ebay, but many of you do).

2) Like a drug dealer, early transactions are free/easy.  Hence, the love affair between us linked credit card users and PayPal.

3) SOMEONE is paying a fee every time we use PayPal.  With a non-PayPal credit card PayPal is likely splitting the transaction fee with Visa/Mastercard/American Express OR the sellers are paying two fees, one to the credit card and one to PayPal, AND/OR PayPal is missing out on the credit card company's cut and now want that, too.

4) Once they get us used to using PayPay, like a drug dealer who makes those early purchases so easy, they're now stepping in and forcing their way deeper into our pockets.  They want access to our bank accounts - perhaps to charge us fees which may not even exist yet - or force us to get their debit or credit card so they can take 100% of the transaction fee money, cutting out Visa/Mastercard, etc.

5) This is all about PayPal using their market clout and our existing relationship to force more of the transaction money into their coffers; nothing else.

Login to Me Too

blondee1125
Contributor
Contributor
First . Why do mt message keep being lost ??
Login to Me Too

ramttank
Contributor
Contributor

We may be better off using google shopping or other auction/ price grabbing means instead of ebay then.

I will contat Better Bizz Bureau in my area

Login to Me Too

ScottDScottD
Contributor
Contributor

I was a verified paypal user until a few days ago.  

I typically use my Discover card for my purchases.  I get cash back, pay no finance charges, and have real protections, including zero liability for fraudulant transactions. 

I get so angry every time I had to select my CC as a payment method.  The extra hassle, along with paypal's scare tactics (c'mon avoid finance charges!)  made me so angry that I deleted my Bank account information.   I don't even need to make the argument that I am more secure without having my back account listed.  

And really, this is all about paypal avoiding credit card fees, avoiding credit card chargeback disputes (since credit card companies side with their customers), and staying in control of as many aspects of peoples online commerce as possible.

So after deleting my 10 yr verified checking account, my credit card is my only payment method available, thus it is now the default payment method, SCORE!

Unfortunately, over the last 10-12 years I've made nearly $10,000 in verified paypal purchases and I'm going to be cut off soon.  If PayPal doesn't figure it a solution soon, when my $10,000 quota runs out (I think I'm down to ~$400), I'll simply stop buying crap [I don't need anyway] on ebay. . Google Checkout works extremely well and is down to about a 5 second transaction... 

Login to Me Too

sailfar
Contributor
Contributor

I just sent Paypal a message; after years of being a verified user with a linked bank account, I just removed it, leaving the credit card that has also been on the account for years.

Anyone who has watched the news the last few days knows that hundreds of thousands of email addresses and other info were just hacked from reputable firms such as Best Buy.  I've just received many warning emails from companies that were hacked.  I will never, never link my bank account to Paypal again.  It's credit card or nothing!

I immediately received the message that I'm $20 or so away from $10,000 sent.  That cannot be.  Fraud?  Here's the message I sent Paypal:

"I removed my linked verified bank account after years of having it linked.  I have also had a credit card on the account for years. 

I am immediately receiving the message that I am $20 away from the $10,000 sending limit.
If that is the case, I HAVE BEEN DEFRAUDED.

This is exactly why I removed my bank account; with a linked acct, I am one stolen password and ID from having my bank account cleaned out by a hacker.
My history to Jan 2010 shows far less than $1K total sent.  I cannot access account history for say, the last 5 years.
YOU prove to ME that $9900 has been sent by me through Paypal. "

Is $10K just an arbrtrary # sent in the message to try and force people to add bank accounts?

Login to Me Too

morethanthislif
New Community Member

It looks as though many people have startedreceiving this message issue about  $10,000. I think Paypal has some sort of error  or bug going on.  I have been a member of paypal for years, and I too have received this message about hitting the $10,000 limit with my last transaction.  Now it's asking me to verify my bank account, which I already did years ago. Something is VERY FISHY. Did paypal just change their software? Do they have an issue related to the Epsilon email pfishing email leak? I think this is something paypal needs to address immediately. Do they even pay attention to blogs?

Login to Me Too

jchenryaia
Contributor
Contributor

i no longer have a bank account and want to continue using paypal.  I am connected with a credit card so what is the freakin problem!?  I have nearly a 1000 Score of poistive 100% transactions!!

Login to Me Too

dani1130
New Community Member

I was verified, but suddenly I had an unauthorized echeck transaction on paypal. I disputed and closed my bank account. The transaction was canceled on one end, but Paypal still tried to get the money only to be informed that the account was closed. Now I am unverified, and the spending limit was retroactive. Everything I had purchased when I was verified was added up to my unverified limit. I don't want to be verified anymore if it was that easy for someone to get my information and access to my bank account. I had to close an account that I have had for years. Though it was only kept open for verification with about $10 in it. I only paid with my credit card. I am terrified of getting verified again. Also dont agree that now being unverified should make all of my verified purchases unverified.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.