Ebay Purchace Protection

BiOs2k
New Community Member

Hi all,

I need help here. here is my story

I bought and Item ''used" on ebay and received it in bad used condition, alot of use marks and on top Item is not working DOA.

I fill a claim on paypal for a complete refund.

This Item was shipped from HongKong

Seller respond to my claim asking to return this Item to AUSTRALIA. Paypal asking me to take a shipping with tracking #.

for me Canadian, ship to Australia with tracking # will cost more then 50$ (more then the item value) and I have no proof that the seller will Accept the item because customs fees or any reason. (paypal refund after proof of reception)

I'm forced to return item or my case will be close without more help for me!!

I can't understand that from paypal who suppose to protect all buy. what Can I say to help my case turn on my favor.

I know that paypal refund shipping fees but this is capped to 30$ max . so I have been ripoff and I'm losing money at then end. this story is nightmare!!

Help me

Thank You

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Don't buy from China, I guess.  lol  The big western corps look at China and see billions of people, they want to chase after that market and give them the whole kid n kaboodle for a piece.  so they do these terrible deals that benefit China in exchange and who really pays for it? the western consumer pays for it.  Death by China indeed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Let PayPal tell you where to send the return if that is possible.  You also have to look up the buyer protection terms in your user agreement and see what is required of you to have buyer protection.  If you need to file for PayPal returns to subsidize your return shipping, do it.  There is no way around it.  Try to get as much money back as you can.  I have to admit, the seller not accepting return is a problem.  I hope you funded the payment for the original transaction with a credit card, that would be your last resort for protection if the seller claim to not receive the return (even with tracking).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

go to Ebay and file a return,if this is a domestic transaction,Ebay will give you a return shipping label and charge the postage to the seller BUT this is an overseas transaction,so you would notget a return label but seller is expected to pay for your return shipping.

How can you or Ebay enforce it,it would be hard.

Ebay will give you the return address you should use,use THAT ADDRESS and ship with tracking.

Once tracking shows delivered,you will get your payment plus original shipping back.

But if shipping with tracking (HK or Australia) is too much,you may try to get a partial refund from the seller and keep the item.

Nexttime,dont be so eager to buy from overseas sellers on Ebay,especially used items . 

As for local customs,mark the item as return,then there would be no customs duty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.