21 days to wait

PastyAVFC
Contributor
Contributor

I really dont see the point in this 21 day thing, before you can take your own money from your account. Says nothing about this when sogning up with Paypal, just says join us, its the easiest way to send and get money into your account, complete rubbish of course. Ive sold an item for £240, the amount i cant take as says i've too wait upto 21 days, the buyer wants their item, which is understandle, i would too if i'd just paid somebody that amount of money, now it looks like i'll lose out and their recall their payment, meaning i miss out on this sale, i've been charged £8 too for this transaction which i doubt i'll ever see again either because of this, complete joke.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PastyAVFC

The idea of the hold is that the sooner you SEND the item then the sooner your funds are released.

If you mark the item as sent OR add a tracking number then the funds are released earlier,

you can get more info if you look on ebays help section.

And the hold is clearly stated on ebay and paypal.

If you wait until the funds are cleared at 21 days then by then your buyer will probably have filed a dispute for non receipt of item / given you neg feedback and odds are you won't be able to sell anymore.

So if the buyer files a dispute and paypal have the funds they can easily refund the buyer BUT if YOU have the funds then paypal have to reimburse the buyer and chase you to pay them back again SO for new sellers they hang on to the money until you have a good selling reputation.

This also weeds out poor sellers so its good for the rest of us.

And of course you are charged a fee paypal is not a free services and i think their staff like to be paid at the end of the month.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So ,are you going to ship your item?

Paypal/Ebay has your money,once it is shipped and tracking shows it has been delivered,you will get the money.

If you do not ship ,not only is the payment refunded to the buyer,you also receive one strike against you as a seller from the venue provider and one negative rating from your buyer,someday you would not be allowed to sell on that venue.

If you  have the item,ship it,if you dont have the item and need the money to buy the item,try borrowing the money from someone,somewhere. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PastyAVFC wrote:

I really dont see the point in this 21 day thing, before you can take your own money from your account. Says nothing about this when sogning up with Paypal, just says join us, its the easiest way to send and get money into your account, complete rubbish of course. Ive sold an item for £240, the amount i cant take as says i've too wait upto 21 days, the buyer wants their item, which is understandle, i would too if i'd just paid somebody that amount of money, now it looks like i'll lose out and their recall their payment, meaning i miss out on this sale, i've been charged £8 too for this transaction which i doubt i'll ever see again either because of this, complete joke.

When you sign up, they ask you to read the terms & conditions.  

They have this hold policy to help new sellers develop good selling habits.  Once your account meets the account requirements as outlined in the link below, your account shall be released entirely from this hold policy upon review.  In the meantime do the tasks as also recommend in the link to speed up release.

Note, some of the procedures of policies are automated by computer systems so if there is a delay or a glitch, hit up PayPal services to speak with a human.

For more info: 

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1987

(hit refresh if not loading or go to contact page, scroll to FAQs > Problems > Funds Availability - see first or second question)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

qepps1
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree it said nothing at all like that. Ebay released my funds to Paypal and now PayPal limit my account. Last month I verified my account completely with Paypal by phone because I needed my limits amount raised and now I made sell on Ebay they allowed me to transfer money to my bank and then took it back from my bank to say hold on my account. This is absolutely ridiculous. So I had to send them proof of my address, my account, that item was delivered and it is insane and totally unfair. I could not provide proof of ownership of an instrument that my grandpa left me because he has been deceased since 1999. The rep of paypal told me it was alright and should take 24 hours to review. I am very angry with PayPal. They do bad business when time to give people their monies. I suggest you stay on top of them every moment you can. Ebay told me there was no issues with the buyer and I know it was not because I sold it to a doctor that was in practice with my Great Uncle. Good Luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.