Order Spit Between EBay & Paypal is Incomplete. How do i dispute?

anthokad
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered $8,000 worth of goods. ($2000 on Ebay, $6,000 on Paypal). The ebay and Paypal thing happened because he said he had exhausted his selling limit on eBay, and had to send me a paypal invoice for the balance. . Now the seller has only sent me $1500 worth of the combined order....after 3 weeks. He is being evasive and won't tell me when or how he will send the balance. The original plan was to deliver the entire order within 3weeks (all communications is on ebay messages).  She comes up with different excuses every day on why she is not shipping my orders as planned. I am sick of it all. I want my money back (if possible for items not delivered). Today, i noticed that he is selling the same items i ordered on ebay when he has not fulfilled my order. He is trading with my money!

Please i need advise on the best way to file a dispute with Paypal so i can have my money back and end this nightmare. Paypal says i have till August to file a case but i cant wait that long.

I already opened a case for the ebay part of the order.

I will appreciate any advise based on your experiences. This person is very cunning and deceptive.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is very tricky because the seller already sent you items and they possibly can use that tracking number(s) to fight Item Not Received cases for your remaining orders.  Did the seller send you anything from the $6000 order?  Was there any tracking numbers uploaded to both the eBay transaction and the PayPal transaction?

You have 180 days from date of payment to open PayPal case on the $6K.  If the eBay case closes, you can file with PayPal.  

Remember, it is about what you can prove.  Gather evidence and prepare a clear explanation of what happened and what you want to happen.  You can ask for partial refund for the items you haven't received.  Come up with a number.

The eBay case, you file Not As Described and await the seller to send you return label, provide partial refund, or just refund you entirely.  Respond in a timely matter to both disputes, and pay attention to the deadlines.  If you need eBay to step in, you can ask them to.

I think I need an aspirin now.  I'm sure others will have more tips.  You can also post in the eBay Community for advice.  Click Help Center at the top on any eBay page and scroll to bottom to click Community.

Btw, was this order shipping from China?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I'm trying to figure out the important details.

You paid for an eBay purchase using PayPal to process your payment for $2,000.

You then paid a PayPal invoice for $6,000 worth of goods.

You now have 2 separate PayPal transactions.

Is this correct?

You will need to address each PayPal transaction separately if you are filing a PayPal dispute.

The details of the PayPal invoice are critical.  What are those details?

Much more details needed before suggesting more, but it seems that the you accepted to be taken for a ride by the seller.

Login to Me Too

anthokad
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your responses. Yes, all payments were made through Paypal including the ebay purchase. This is a USA local purchase . The invoice was detailed, showing item description, quantity ordered and unit price. He drew up the Paypal invoice for the entire transaction. The 2000 i paid on ebay was entered as a discount on the Paypal invoice. Under Terms Conditions, he wrote: 'Products will be shipped as received in our warehouse'.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are there 2 transactions in your PayPal or not?

What are the details of each?

Login to Me Too

anthokad
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. 2 transactions. 1 transaction is for $2000 for ebay purchase. (Detais of the ebay listing was just '$2000 worth of products as per private communication between buyer and seller) 2nd Paypal transaction is for $6000. This transaction was made on the Paypal invoice i received which shows the entire details of my order (on this invoice, the $2000 payment was entered as a discount).
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Each PayPal transacton will have a details page.  What are the details on those pages?  What product is listed?

What are the details of the PayPal invoice?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

He drew up the Paypal invoice for the entire transaction. The 2000 i paid on ebay was entered as a discount on the Paypal invoice. Under Terms Conditions, he wrote: 'Products will be shipped as received in our warehouse'.

----------------

see,this is not acceptable to the customer,you did not get a discount,you should throw the invoice back at him and tell him  to send a new invoice.

he is playing a game,could be tax reporting,could be what arrangement he has with his vendor/

may I ask what is the item which takes 3 weeks to deliver?

may be you can buy direct from the vendor without going thru him.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if your Ebay order is $2000 and you received less ,then it is a case of item not as described(not item not received),reason = less quantity .

if you are not happy with the seller response,then escalate to get Ebay review,Ebay will side with you and send you a return shipping label,it will be paid for by the seller.

You have ten days to return the item using that label,once tracking shows delivered,Ebay will refund you in full.

now for the $6000 Paypal order,his invoice said it is $8000 with $2000 discount,you should  have reviewed the invoice carefully before you pay if you dont agree with his description.

It sounds like he is ordering from the factory or wholesale distributor and you dont know yet,if he is scamming you or stalling.

If it is an overseas order,it would take time,so it is up to you if you want to wait or file item not received with Paypal.

you can pull contact information from Ebay and get his phone number and ask what is his intention,disputes of such amount would hurt his business,so he should tell you what is going on/

now Sharpie said if you file with Paypal item not received,he could use the trcking number of the Ebay order to satisfy Paypal,so be prepare to appeal if you lose.

Did you pay with your credit card?

you last resort would be a chargeback with your cc issuer.

In the future,be cognizant,most Ebay sellers are small sellers who do not hold large inventory and poorly capitalised,so be cautious handing over large amount.

$8000 order is large by Ebay standard,he is sending you a signal,his has reaached his selling limit  on EbAY,you should take that as a warning sign   

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you have received a partial order,dont throw the box away,scan the shipping label,how much is the weight on the label?

My guess is that all he has on hand is $1500,rest is backordered,so if he is a a good seller ,he should communicate with you and let you know rest of the order will arrive later,instead of hiding behind the keyboard.

Not communicating with the buyer just make a buyer nervous and start filing dispute and chargeback,and one day he would not be allowed to sell on Ebay or use Paypal to accept payment    

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.